-11- Lena meets her first love again

After my brother brought me back to the hotel, I lay in bed next to Lena for the rest of the day. The next morning we just got up again and I told her what I learned when I met my family. She was shocked and explained to me in frustration: "Parents often think that their children do not understand them and therefore do not talk to them. But, children often understand more than they think. Especially when the child is already 19 years old".

I have to agree with her. I would definitely have understood it at that time, if they had just talked to me. But since we didn't want to waste the day with mopey thoughts, we got dressed and went to a breakfast cafe for a nice breakfast. Afterwards we drove to the children's hospital, because we still had a mission.

At a fundraising event that Lena organized, she was able to collect a large donation and plans to give this donation to the children's hospital here in Beijing. This is because they treat children whose parents cannot afford treatment. She finances this children's hospital exclusively through donations.

(A/N: No, it is not really located in Beijing)

When we arrived there, we asked around until we could finally talk to the director of the hospital. Lena proudly presented him with the money she had collected and the director was very happy about it. There were still pictures taken, data recorded and some questions asked, we visited some children to whom we gave toys and then Lena suddenly stopped and was speechless.

I thought, what is going on now? I followed her gaze and saw a beautiful young woman in a doctor's coat and she immediately started to cry when she saw Lena. The two fell into each other's arms and cried. And I learned that this doctor, of all people, was Lena's first love.

The two were 16 years old when they met and fell in love with each other. The problem was that her parents were desperate to go back to their home country and because her girlfriend was only 16 years old, of course she couldn't stay behind. They had to part with a heavy heart.

No, Lena actually did not know that her first girlfriend, her first love, was working as a pediatrician here in this children's hospital. The two had a lot to tell each other.

However, unlike Lena, her ex-girlfriend is not a lesbian but a bi-gay and when she started studying, she met a man, fell in love with him and married him. But she also told Lena that Lena was and will always be in her heart.

We spent the rest of the day in our room in the hotel. Actually, we had wanted to go to some snack stands outside and eat something delicious, but since it suddenly started raining heavily, we made ourselves comfortable in our hotel room.

Around midnight Lena had already fallen asleep. I was still sitting on the terrace when I suddenly received a message that I had not expected. My sister wrote to me: "I asked our brother to give me your cell phone number. I'm sorry that I never told you what Wang Yibo wrote. To be honest, I read everything and did not know what to write back to him on it in your name. I deleted your account and thought it was too late anyway. He wrote that he loves you."

I was completely perplexed when I read this message. After seven years, I suddenly learn that Wang Yibo loved me? If that was true, why did he keep it a secret for so long? And what does this knowledge bring me now? What should I do with this knowledge?

At three o'clock in the morning, I was still lying awake and all kinds of things were going through my mind. But none of them got me any further. At some point I finally fell asleep. I dreamed some confused stuff that didn't make any sense at all. Like my days here in Beijing. Everything I experienced here, in just a few days, didn't make any sense to me.

In fact, I was toying with the idea of just packing my things and flying home with Lena. I felt completely overwhelmed. And at least for now, I was not ready to face Wang Yibo the way Chuyue wants me to.

In the morning I read the message to Lena and she stared at me speechlessly for a few minutes before she said: "Your sister is a bitch. Why didn't she ever tell you that?" Well, I don't know and I'm not going to ask her about it anymore.

I told Lena that I wanted to go back home and she said, "Sean, stop running away. You are about to reconcile with your family, your brother cried bitterly when he finally saw you again. Do not run away again. And I agree with Chuyue, face Wang Yibo and talk to him. Even if it's hard for you. But you'll never get away from him if you keep running away."

"I'm not running away. I just don't think there's any point in talking about things that happened so many years ago. Seven years, do you really think he's waiting to see me and tell me how he might have felt then?"

"Sean, all I'm saying is face your past and face him. Meet with him and see what he has to say. And then you can still leave."

"I don't want you to."

"Why not? What are you afraid of? When will you be brave for once?"

"I am brave."

"No. If you run away before you talk to him. Then you're definitely not brave."

"I'm not a coward!"

"Yes, you are, Sean. If not, prove it. Call him up and ask him for a meeting."

"I don't have his number."

"But you know someone who does."

"Okay, I'll call him and ask him for a meeting. But if I go through with this, you'll never talk about it again."

"I promise. You'll talk to him, and if he really doesn't want to see you again, I'll never talk about it."

"What makes you so sure he wants to see me? I mean, sure, I should tell him I never read the message myself. But since it was seven years ago, maybe he doesn't care anymore."

"Honestly, Sean? I don't think he's done with you. And maybe then you' d get an explanation why he never confessed his feelings to you when he had the chance."

I didn't know what else to say. So I took my cell phone and called Chuyue. I told him that I had thought about it and that I wanted to talk to Yibo. I asked him to tell Yibo this and then let me know if he wants to talk and if so, when and where.

About an hour later, Chuyue called me and said, "Yibo is looking forward to seeing you and he told me to tell you that if you really want to see and talk to him, you should come to him. I'll send you the address right away by message."

"To his home?" I asked confusedly.

"Yes. At his home. You''ll understand why. I have to go to the restaurant now. And Zhan, please really meet him."

"All right. Thank you." I said that and ended the conversation. Shortly after that, I received a message with Yibo's address. And his cell phone number.

I saved the cell phone number and wrote a message to Yibo. "Hey Zhan here. What time is best for you?"

"So you're really in Beijing? Evening is my best time." He wrote back.

"Yes, I am in Beijing. Tonight?"

" With pleasure, Zhan. I'm looking forward to it." He wrote and my heart started to race incredibly.