Chapter 17 : Absent And Unavailable .

Time skip to Monday morning , 7:00 A.M ...

Lee Minhyuk's P.O.V :

I woke up feeling wierd . I don't know why , maybe about the chain incident , but something feels wrong today . It's something about someone else that feels wrong , why am I feeling like this ? I have absolutely no idea .

I shook off the feeling and got ready .

I wore a pair of blue ripped jeans and a black shirt with a pair of black trainers . I took my backpack and went downstairs .

It was silent .

Usually my parents are downstairs fighting . I went to their room and peeked through the tiniest opening in the door .

They were asleep ; but I smelled something as well and immediately recognised it : Alcohol .

They were at the bar last night , just when I left to go to Vampire City . Well , at least I don't have to deal with them right now . I took a water bottle from the fridge and walked out the door .

The sky is nice and clear today , that's at least one thing that can brighten the day .

I went to Aera's house and knocked on her door , but nobody answered the door . I knocked again , still nobody . I knocked even harder , but nobody answered .

-" Aera ! It's me , Minhyuk ! " I shouted .

Silence .

I decided to keep on knocking .

-" Aera ! Are you awake ?" I shouted .

More silence .

-" Are you okay ?" I asked .

Even more silence .

Did she move out ? Impossible .

I looked through the windows and all the furniture was still there . She still lives there .

-" Aera ! We have school today ! Aren't you coming ?" I asked .

Nothing .

I looked at the upstairs windows and saw red curtains closed , but all the curtains in the rest of the house are open .

What happened to her ?

Is she okay ?

I knocked harder , still nobody answered . I tried to pick the lock but her house is locked with 3 locks and they are hard to pick .

Fuck , why does security go against me ?

It was only 7:10 A.M , so I sat on her porch and waited .

What could've happened to her ?

Is she alright ?

Is she dead ?

Maybe she's asleep ...

Maybe she's sick ...

Maybe she's away ...

Maybe she already went to school ...

No , we always go with Bong Cha and Jung Hoon ...

Why is she not answering all of a sudden ?

Then I had an idea .

-" I should try calling her phone ..." I said as I opened my bag , took my phone out , clicked on her number and waited . It stopped and said " Busy " .