Studio Nights (YoonMin)

a/n: sorry for not updating for like ... two weeks... midterms and exams have stolen my soul and braincells. also since I'm lazy... from here on out everything is in intended lowercase... im sorry :") (3.5k)

~~

with the new upcoming album being released in a short while, yoongi finds himself writing down new lyrics and composing some random beats in the studio to help take the stress off his shoulders. he could easily spend the whole entire night writing a song and then simply just throwing it in the trash can next to the other 20 previous songs, simply because he could. the few days leading up to the comeback he would already be composing new beats with the help of namjoon and even jungkook who has recently taken a liking to producing.

this night particularly, the clock on his computer already reading 03:34 am and he was nowhere near sleepy. he had blasted through a whole song in as little as forty five minutes, with the help of three monster drinks of course. his phone lit up on the table next to him, not even bothering to look who had sent a message this early in the morning, and to be honest, not really caring either. But his phone lit up a few more times, one after the other, and yoongi finally paused the beat he was working on, making sure to save the work he had currently-- remembering an accident he had once when he stepped away from the computer and knocked something on the keyboard and everything being deleted-- and picked up his phone to check who it was. he was only able to read the name of the first text message when the same man who owned that name, knocked on the studio door.

"come in," he texted, not even bothering to look at the other messages and turning off his phone and setting it down, rolling his chair back into its perfect spot as he began to work again on the beat.

"It's locked, idiot," jimin texts back, knocking on the door more loudly.

yoongi sighs and hangs his head for a moment, rolling his chair out again and getting up-- not forgetting to complain about his aching knees from dance practice earlier that day-- and unlocked the studio door and leaving it open. "lock it when you come in."

"It's past 3 am yoongi," jimin says as he walks into the room and closes the door behind him, making sure to lock not only the first lock, but the second and third one on the door. it seems over the years yoongi had more and more locks installed on the door, taehyung being mischievous and managing to break in each time to lay on the couch in the studio.

"I am aware of this," he answers back, sitting down in his chair again and pulling his bulky sound canceling headphones over his ears as he plays his beats some more, nodding his head when he liked the way a certain part would flow and then scrunching his nose up when it just sounded too busy.

jimin walked up behind yoongi and leaned his elbows on the back of his chair and watched what the older was doing. jimin had a tendancy to watch yoongi work, he just loved seeing the older man's concentrated face and he loved learning how to make things as well. yoongi has definitely tried to teach jimin in the past but it never really got very far.

jimin sighs, knowing that yoongi can't hear him because of his headphones, and decides to rub and massage his shoulders. he likes the way young's head will slowly start to lean to the side and ever so slightly forward as he releases the tension from his shoulders. he gently massages up his neck a tad and to the base of his skull, choosing to run his fingers through the other's hair and massage his scalp.

"see any hair loss back there?" yoongi jokes, laughing softly to himself.

jimin flashes his dazzling smile, shaking his head, knowing yoongi can see his reaction in the computer screen. he continues for a little while more, watching yoongi compose more beats together and the stress drain from his face. after a while, he moves his hands to the headphones on yoongi's head and gently pulls them back and off his head, setting them on the table. yoongi looks back at him confused, and a slightly irritated look on his face.