Chapter 2 - Life 1

The rest of the school day went without incident, and now as I walked home from school reading my flashcards. I stopped when I heard the mention of a Villain attack, looking over to my left and at one of the TV screens in a shop window. I watched the news broadcast.

Just a city or two away, in Musutafu, a Sludge Villain had taken a Middle Schooler Hostage who had attempted to fight back with his Explosive Quirk. Only for another Middle Schooler, who was Quirkless, to jump in and try to help.

It was soon ended when All Might saved the day. I was conflicted on my opinion, the footage of the greenette Middle Schooler rushing in to try to help what I could assume was his friend. What he did was reckless, Quirkless people are vulnerable when it comes to Villain attacks because without a quirk it's near impossible to defend yourself.

But I also kind of admired the bravery and determination of the kid, I saw the same spark in his eyes that I see in Hikaru's eyes, an undying determination and persistence to help others. The only difference being that Hikaru has a quirk, while this kid has none at all.

He was still holding onto the hope of being a Hero despite the bad hand the world had dealt to him at the very beginning. Eventually the broadcast ended, reporters surrounding All Might to get an interview with the #1 Hero, who left in a hurry.

Turning away from the screens, I just continued to mull over what I had seen. And I felt bad for the greenette because his dreams are going to be shattered, because if a Quirkless kid tries for the U.A. Entrance Exam.

It's no understatement to say that he will be beaten to a pulp by U.A.'s Practical Exam, the more rational thing would be either being a Police Officer, or the route I'm taking, becoming a Doctor to help people that way. Because Doctor's help those injured in a Villain attack.

They also help injured Heroes too.

--------------

Getting home, I said a small 'Hi' to my Dad as I went off to my bedroom. It was fairly average in size with steel blue painted walls and a white ceiling. A window sat in the middle off the wall, to its left was my bed and below it was my desk and chair.

A tall bookshelf stood on the left wall and to the right of it was my drawers. And on the wall where the door was, on the opposite side of the room where my bed was, my full body mirror stood.

Shrugging my backpack from my back I placed the bag against the leg of my desk, taking out all of my revision material from the top shelf of my bookshelf and laid it all out like I had done with every peice of revision material ever had.

Going over my revision material, I tested myself with practice questions, fine tuning my answers and memorizing terminology that would guarantee marks. Using a red pen, I would go over small grammatical mistakes too. Because if I wanted to get high grades, then I don't want to lose marks because of my spelling, punctuation and grammar mistakes.

My bedroom was silent, the only sounds being my pen, pencils and paper along with my quiet muttering of answers. Occasionally I'd hear my Dad knock on my door to give me my dinner, this would be when I would take a break in order to eat my food.

I would also wash up my own dishes too, I'd need to know basic skills like these for when I would eventually move out and live on my own. But one I had finished, I went straight back to my room and continued to revise and study.

Because I had to stand out, the school would most likely take the examinees with the highest marks on the Exam and those with Quirks that would benefit them in Medical School. So with me being Quirkless meant I had to stand out despite this fact, I had to earn my place there despite my disadvantage.

--------------

The next months had gone without any other hitch, and my schedule went back to normal. I'd study after school, during the weekends and attend my Middle School during the week. Though occasionally, I would help out Hikaru whenever he would ask for advice on studying.

And eventually, the day of the U.A. Entrance Exam came, I bad hope for Hikaru and I wished him good luck on the Exam. Giving him the good luck charm that he had made for me when we were children, because he said " You need it more than me, ".

After school that day, I waited for Hikaru, I waited for him to tell me how it went. Yes, to the others in my Homeroom and to those who weren't Hikaru, I was very cold and anti-social. But I was genuinely hopeful and anxious for Hikaru to tell me how he did.

So eventually when I saw him, I was worried at his gloom look. Rushing over I asked, " What's wrong Hikaru-kun!? " I held his forearms gently and he looked up to face me.

" I think I did well enough on the Written Exam, but, I was so focused on saving other Examinees around the testing site that I forgot about the fact that were were meant to collect points by destroying the Faux Villains. I-I think I might have f-failed Nozomi-chan! " He let out as he engulfed me in a hug, crying into my shoulder as his face was buried in my neck.

He had always been very emotional, so I knew how to try to calm him. Patting his head, I ran my fingers through his short and fluffy, pale yellow hair and rubbing circles into his back. " It's okay Hikaru-kun, I'm sure that you passed, they wouldn't have just been grading you on just taking out Villains. But saving people too, it wouldn't be that rational of them if they did otherwise. " I whispered as I continued to hold him in my arms, despite how he was a good 5 inches taller than myself.

" I-I'm sorry to have made you wait for so long. You have to study to get into a good High School in order to go to a good Medical School, and I just wasted your time with my problems. " Hikaru spoke into my shoulder.

Lifting him to look directly at me, I could see his amber-coloured eyes were slightly red and puffy from his tears as he looked into my own steel grey eyes.

" Do not say that, I chose to do this with my own free will. I promised to be your #1 Fan, and I meant it, the reason I even wanted to become a Doctor in the first place was so I could make a difference by saving the lives of the injured. Because even if I couldn't be a Hero to prevent those injuries, I could help by mending them. " I spoke.

Throughout what I had said, my eyes had never left his, I was being genuine and serious.

And just like that, it was now my turn for the hug, being held by Hikaru as his chin just rested on the top of my head and his arms secured themselves around my frame.

Hearing him lightly sigh, I heard him murmur quietly. " How did I ever get such a supportive friend like you? ".