Chapter 8 - Life 2

Then black was replaced with a blinding light as I closed my eyes, pulling my hand to cover my eyes. And I, cried? Wait, this is a babies cry!? My eyes adjusting to the light I looked around and saw that I was in a hospital.

And in a Doctors arms, " It's a girl, Kettei-San. " The Doctor spoke as I was then wrapped in a blanket and then given to a woman with long black hair and bright blue eyes. Wait, what is even going on!? The last thing I remember was bleeding to death beneath rubble.

Wait... bleeding to... DEATH!!

I died!! But I'm still alive, how am I alive!? " What should we name her Kyoko? " Wait, that's my Dad's voice! Turning my head with some effort I saw my Dad! But he looks a lot younger?.. he looks just like in the picture took when...

When I was born...

This is my birth, but how!? Did I just reset my life back to my Birth?

" How about, Nozomi? It means 'Hope'. " My Mom spoke as she looked and at my Dad to see if he liked the choice of name. But he just looked at me.

Do something!! All I did was smile and laugh.

--------------

It has been over a 2 years now since I was born, for the 10 or so months my body just did things based off of what I thought. But I couldn't do much, baby food is disgusting and I hate the very taste of it.

I miss having teeth and I have been getting my young 2 year old voice used to talking. But finally after a year, I could move my own limbs of my own accord, they aren't that strong and I definitely need to build up the hand eye coordination I had.

But now, I've had the habit of practicing talking by replying to my parents when they talk to me, in full sentences. Mom is convinced that I'm a little genius, due to how I tend to reply with what would be considered very complex sentences for my age.

Though, Dad, ever the smart guy I knew growing up; was confused, and asked how I knew so many words. But I don't know whether or not he might believe me if I were to say something like, " Oh yeah, your 2 year old actually has the mental age of a 15 Year Old! ".

So I never reply to those questions. No matter how much it pains me to not tell the man who raised me, I just couldn't. Because that would eventually lead to Dad asking questions of the future, and the fact that in a few months...

Mom is going to be killed in a fight between a Hero and Villain. How on earth do you tell someone something like that? That the love of his life is going to be a casualty of a Hero doing his job and will leave him alone to raise me by himself.

Wait... I could prevent it? Get Mom to stay at home for that day,but how would that effect the future, it could cause some kind of domino effect that screws up the future that I had lived through previously.

So as I laid down in my crib, just staring at the ceiling, I weighed out my options. No, I can't screw with the future so much that I stop my Mom from dying, no matter how much I'd like to do so; I've seen Final Destination and can take a guess that death wouldn't be forgiving.

And to be honest, I'd rather not end up dead. I can still remember the pain as I was pinned down beneath the rubble, the metallic smell of my own blood and the suffocating dust that hung in the air. That scene still gives me nightmares even today.

" Nozomi! Your baths ready, I've even put in some bubble bath too!~ " My Mom poked her head into my bedroom and began to head over to my crib. " Now what was my little genius up to? " She asked as she picked me up from the crib and placed me on her hip.

" I was just thinking, so really nothing much. " I replied in my same manner that I had grown accustomed to having from my last life.

Mom gave me a big smile, " Well! Your Dad and I were talking, it took a while but we found a Kindergarten for children like you. " Mom spoke.

I froze up, wait, if I go to a different Kindergarten then I'll never meet Hikaru. And the children there will be complete strangers to me! To be honest, I don't want to have to make new friends in this life.

I'd like my old friends.

" Like me? You mean children who are as smart as I am? " I questioned, this made Mom turn to me and give me a big nod. No! Dammit, this wasn't supposed to have happened!? As we entered the bathroom, Mom closed the door behind me and then put me down.

--------------

I dreaded this day, my first day in this Kindergarten for special children, children who were naturally smart. I'm 4 Years old and you would think I'm 7 or 8 due to my coordination and vocabulary, the school had me take a test to see if I could be accepted.

And, I knew everything that was on there. It was things two-three grades above what I should be doing at my age, but this stuff is simple when compared to the things I had to revise for in my last life. I had passed with flying colours.

So now, here I am. " Good morning class! This is our newest student, would you care to introduce yourself? " The Teacher asked as she handed my the chalk to write my name. I'd give anything to be in Kitagawa Kindergarten and meet Hikaru again for the first time.

But..... instead, I'm here. " My name is Kettei Nozomi, it's a pleasure to meet you all. " I spoke boredly as I looked at the rest of the children here as I kind of hoped there could be some kind of familiar face amongst these children.

No one, I recognised no one in this classroom.

I kept my hardened expression, and I could see the look of intrigue of the teachers face. " Does anyone have any questions for Kettei? " The teacher spoke as she waited, a hand went up. I looked at who the hand belonged to, a boy with short straight black hair and piercing yellow eyes.

" What's your quirk? " Just this one questioned caused me to stiffen, technically, I don't have a quirk at all. My Dad even got me taken to the Doctors and I was diagnosed with being quirkless, even if that if complete bullshit, I DO have a quirk.

The only thing is I just don't know how it works, it only activated once. And that was when I died, it sent me straight back in time to when I was born. I couldn't exactly explain that due to this, I have the mental age of a 17 year old girl while my body is only 4 year old.

" I'm Quirkless, " I spoke, this surprised the rest of the class.

Gasps went around,I was used to the reaction to other people being told that. Shock, surprise, confusion, pity... and then superiority if they had a quirk while I didn't have one.

Well, technically I could say that I do have a quirk and tell them about the whole when I die my life seems to restart. But I haven't even told my own Dad about it so why the hell would I tell a bunch of young children I dont know.

So that is out of the question by light years, " Well, Kettei, take a seat and we'll begin class. " The teacher spoke as she ushered me over to the small seats and desks despite how few of us there were in the classroom to begin with.

I just looked for a desk that was the furthest away from the rest of the class, I have no intentions on making friends with these children. For now, if my 'Quirk' is that I repeat my life when I die, then I need to set up a timeline of events from the start of my life and until the end of it.

Which means I need to not only pay attention academically but I can't cut myself off from the outside world if I'm going to make myself dates on certain events that happen throughout possible repeats.

Because the only notable events I have at the moment would be that when I'm 9 year old, All Might will fight a Villain called 'All for One' and then will do so again six years later in Kamino Ward. I need to have a separate notebook so I can write down specific details on events.