Chapter 5 - Life 1

The conversion the roof I had with Mizu was, pleasant. She never pressured me into answered, letting me answer on my own and would let me ask her questions too, I asked about whether or not she had a quirk. She does, she can manipulate water and use it for healing, the purer the water is the better.

So when she asked in return, she was definitely surprised when I told her I was quirkless. She assumed that the reason I had passed with full marks was probably a memory quirk, to which I explained that I had in fact studied.

I told her exactly how many hours I had studied for that exam, to say she was a little impressed would have been an understatement. Though, she did understand why, she understood that in order for me to stand out despite being quirkless, I had to work harder than everyone else.

Because in order to equate to someone with a healing quirk, I needed to have knowledge instead of power. Eventually lunch ended and we headed to class together, she even told the other girls that they need to leave me alone because it was stressing me out.

She definitely had a way with words, even getting them to back off by saying that I was stressed enough because of what happened at the U.S.J. and I needed to be able to focus in class without them baraging me with question after question.

And it worked, the class was peaceful as I took notes of everything the teacher told us which would be important.

Eventually the day ended and as we left the classroom, I went up to Mizu. " Mizu-San, you're free to meet up with me again, same place as today. " I spoke, which caused everyone to freeze.

I had never exactly talked that much, let alone as much as I did in front of the class. My answers to questions in class were short but always correct, that and how I made no show that I ever intended to make friends during my time here.

" Thank you very much Kettei-San, I'll see you tomorrow then. " Mizu replied with a smile. We left and I began to head to the cafe to meet up with Hikaru, because bot only was I going to watch the Sports Festival that Dad had recorded for me.

But I would be watching it with Hikaru.

Waiting for a little while, Hikaru came on time. " Nozomi-chan! You seem to be in a better mood today!? Wanna tell me about it? " Hikaru asked as he placed a kiss on my forehead, he had been doing it so much I could guess that was his favourite place to kiss.

" How about I tell you on the way to my house, let's grab our drinks first Hikaru-chan. " I replied as we went into the cafe to get our regular. The people at the cafe knew us as the day and night couple due to Hikaru's pale yellow hair and my black hair.

We picked up our regular, a tall caffe mocha for Hikaru and a Caramel latte with three shots of espresso for me. Yes, I have a slight coffee addiction, but it helps with getting through hours upon hours of continuous studying.

As we walked to my house, I told Hikaru about what happened today, including my interaction with Mizu. " Wait, so my Nozomi-Chan, made a friend? Who are you and what have you done with my girlfriend. " Hikaru replied, puffing up my cheeks, I punched Hikaru in the shoulder.

" It isn't that hard to believe that I made a friend Hikaru-Chan! " I spoke as I then took a sip of my latte.

" We are talking about you Nozomi-Chan, you avoid social interaction with people, other than your Dad and I, like they're carrying the very plague itself. " Hikaru shot back lightly as he rubbed his arm and laughed a little.

Not replying, I knew he was right. Which he relished in with a light laugh, " I'm happy for you though, you do need to open up a little. And this Mizu girl sounds like she's nice, " Hikaru added as he pet my head lightly.

--------------

Getting to the house, Hikaru and I set up the snacks as we went the couch and sat down. I was excited to see how the Sports Festival went this year, and I was especially excited to see Hikaru as well.

I watched quietly as Hikaru had decided to rest his head on my shoulder. Which I use to my advantage as I ran my fingers through his hair, petting his head while watching. He had gotten 5th in the Obstacke Course Race, I was cheering as I kept my eyes on the yellow streak left that trailed behind Hikaru.

The U.A. Hero Course Students definitely had some powerful quirks. The boy with the white and red hair, I could only imagine how powerful he would be as a Hero with a quirk like that. But, the one who got first, he looked so familiar...

Wait, that green hair! That's the quirkless kid who tried to help the hostage during the Sludge Villain incident! And the ash blonde, he was the Hostage. So their names were Midoriya Izuku and Bakugo Katsuki. Continuing to watch, I watched with large eyes.

So when Hikaru lost during the Cavalry Battles, I made sure to give Hikaru some extra pets and a kiss on the nose to cheer him up as we continued to watch the rest of the Sports Festival. The Single battles were intense, each of them had such powerful quirks.

And Midoriya, I quickly figured out he wasn't actually quirkless. He was probably just one of those rare late bloomers then, but I still watched. I recognised one of the names in the first Battle: the Battle between Midoriya Izuku and Shinso Hitoshi. Shinso was the classmate he had told me about.

But Shinso's words. Really pissed me off, saying that Midoriya doesn't know how it feels to be judged for your quirk. Hah! Trying not having one at all, he's lucky to even have one because the unlucky 20% of the world who don't have to get by in a superhuman society with no superhuman ability.

Though, afterwards, I quite enjoyed watching the Sports Festival. Consoling Hikaru and telling him that he could get into the Hero Course and to not give up, I also made sure to compliment Hikaru on what he did well.