Chapter 3 - Life 1

A week had passed by, I had my own Entrance Exam into a pretty well known non-Hero High School. And all my studying had paid off, it went like a breeze as I decided to focus on what counted for what would get me into Medical School.

Hikaru and I decided to promise each other that we would share our results when we both got our letters back from our respective High school's. And soon that day came, we met up at my house and sat down on the Couch, deciding who would go first to open their letter.

To which Hikaru insisted on "Ladies First". Opening my letter, I looked at my results and I was completely ecstatic. I had passed the Entrance Exam into Kamino High School with full Mark's on my Exam. Hikaru was happy and so was my Dad, we had a big group hug.

And then it was Hikaru's turn, ripping it open, not only did a letter fall out, but a small device as well. A projection appearing and none other than All Might appearing on it as he introduced himself. Saying how he would be a Teacher at U.A. this year.

Then going on to tell Hikaru his results. He got Zero Hero points but got enough Rescue Points, from saving and helping examinees, to get him at least into the General Educations Department as he had also done pretty well on the written Exam as well.

But I could see the utter disappointment on Hikaru's face. He had just missed getting into the Hero course by such a small amount. Knowing how dissapointed he must be, I pulled him into a hug and decides to reassure him.

" Dont worry Hikaru-kun, there's always when the Sports Festival comes up. You could get transferred into the Hero Course then! So don't be so bummed out, I'm sure you'll be a Great Hero. " I spoke as I gave him a smile. To which he gave me a determined smile back, the fire returning back to his eyes.

Well, that and what seemed to be a slight flush of red to his cheeks as well. "U-uh, I wanted to ask you something. You don't have to say yes, and I understand if you don't feel the same way, but... "Hikaru started, becoming nervous as he rubbed the back of this neck.

My Dad looked at Hikaru, his eyes widening in some kind of realisation. To which I was confused about, until Hikaru finished what he had been saying. " I really like you, I have for a while now, and I just wanted to ask. Kettei Nozomi, will you do me the honour of going out with me! ".

He had now stood up, bowing with his hands by his sides, not daring to look at me. And the realisation of what he had just said hit like a truck, I was speechless. Yes, Hikaru and I have been very close since Kindergarten.

During lunch, we'd always sit together. It was always just the two of us, yes, there had been the occasional girls from our School who had asked Hikaru out, but he'd always just politely turn them down. Telling them that he had feelings for someone else, at first, I have to admit that I felt slightly down upon hearing that.

Which was one of my reasons for my long studying, I never realised that the one he liked, was me!? I sat, shocked, and speechless as Hikaru waited for my response. I had never gone out with anyone because I was never interested in anyone.

Heat rose to me cheeks and I stood up, looking down at Hikaru as he slowly began to stand up straight. Waiting; waiting for my reply, waiting with worry and hope. He looked terrified that I would just reject him right there and then.

And my Dad seemed absolutely tense, looking between the two of us. Taking in a breath, I approached Hikaru. And hugged him, going face first into his chest, " Yes, of course I will Hikaru-kun. I'm just happy that you were able to tell me, " I spoke.

Feeling his hands go around me, I breathed in the smell of his jacket, it smelled like vanilla. " I hope I can make you happy, I wanna be Your Hero. " Hikaru spoke as I felt his give me a small, light kiss on the forehead. " God, I've wanted to do this for so long. " He added.

We stayed like that for a little while, so when we broke from the hug. My Dad had a smile on his face, though, realising my Dad had been watching us. I felt my face turn absolutely beet red, me being quirkless, he is rather protective.

" Hikaru, just promise you that you'll protect Nozomi. I can't always be there, and I'd like to know she'll be in safe hands. " My Dad spoke with a more stern tone, his arms crossed over his chest as he gave a hard but pleading stare at Hikaru.

Hikaru didn't falter though, just giving him a determined smile. " I promise, I'll always be there to help her, because how can I be a Hero if I can't even protect the girl I love. " Hikaru replied, puffing my cheeks I felt irritated, they were treating me like some ornate glass sculpture that needs protection.

" Hey! When I become a Doctor I'll be the one to stitch you up, and you won't be able to avoid this one. " I spoke as I looked up at Hikaru with a glare that challenged him to say otherwise, " I should be worried about you! " I argued back.

But I wasn't done. " You're worried about me, but Heroes fight Villains and protect civilians from harm, so I should be worrying about whether or not you might jump into a fight and get seriously injured. " I explained. And I wasn't wrong, Heroes are the most likely to suffer serious injuries as they fight Villains head on.