iii

i woke up with a pounding headache and with a dim light overhead. i was laying down on something comfy, soft. there was a pillow behind my head and my right arm had a needle in it with a tube connected. an iv? you thought as you followed the tube to a bag filled with a clear liquid next to monitors. you moved your eyes off the iv to take in your surrondings. there was a closed door on the far left of the room. the walls were an offwhite and the floors were a tile with little gray and blacks dots. there were two chairs on the left and a small table in between. there was a small flatscreen tv in front of you. fancy for what seems to be a hospital.. you try and sit up a bit. immediately a rush of dizziness hits you and you sink back down. 

ugh..why does my head hurt so much.  

as if on cue, a nurse walks in with a tray with two small cups on them. "oh your up! right on time two!" her voice was soft and cheery. the woman from the phone maybe?

you groan in response. "does your head hurt?" she says as she places the tray on the table between the two chairs. you nod in response to her question. 

 she walks over to you. "i'll need to do a basic check up real quick then i'll give you some meds for the headache ok?" you just nod again

the checkup was quick. she made you sit up on the bed with only worsend the headache but it soon faded back to how it was when you were laying down. she made you follow her finger and a light. she checked to make sure you could feel your body parts. she checked your throat and checked your temperature. 

"all good!" she chirps. she backs away to the tray and grabs both cups. 

"so take these pills and swallow them with water. this will help with the headache you have." she hands you both cups. you follow her instructions and hand her back the cups. "thank you" you manage to croak out. she simply smiles and leave the room.

you stare at the ceiling. did i pass out? all i remember is the park. oh yeah.. the memories from  the park come rushing back as you remember your supposed to marry the devil's son. 

"wow, thanks a lot grandpa" you mumble under your breath 

"your welcome sweetie" a voice says from the entrance

"grandpa?!" you say as you turn you head revealing a old man with graying hair and a cane. he was in a suit. 

"hello sweetie. how are you? i heard you passed out when your father tried to explain the..situatio with our family"

"im fine. thank for asking." you say back, the hint of anger in the words was much more obvious then you wanted. you crossed your arms and took your eyes of your grandfather and looked at the end of the bed.

"i don't think you should speak to your elders that way" he says still looking at you.

you and your grandfather do not have a great relationship. you never had. he was strict and wasn't afraid to use physical violence to get a lesson across. 

"and i don't think grandfathers should make a deal with the devil selling the souls of the future generations." you snap back. turing back to him.

he sneered and took his eyes of you. he went to the chair near your bed. you gulped, scared that you pushed to far.

" now i see why he wants you on the throne." he mentions

"well to bad i won't be on it to satisfy him" 

he chuckles, "you think you can defy destiny? a deal with the devil?" he looks at you, all hints of ammusement gone,"your lifes decided. your marrying the son and that the end of it." 

"why?" you manage to say but it comes out so soft and quiet that your afraid he didn't hear it. 

"why what? why'd i make a deal? i thought oyur father went over that-"

"no. why me?" you ask. your voice slightly wavering.

"well, your powerful, brave, protective, trained, beautiful, smart. its qualities he wants for his sons wife. he wants a powerful independent person who will keep his son on a tight leash."

"what makes him so sure i can keep him on a tight leash?"

"because you are or will be a powerful leader of a mafia who isn't hesitant to end a life."

"what? thats false becuase i can't even harm a fly without feeling bad. if this is about the bathroom that wasn't me."

"then who was it y/n?"

"i..it was..i don't know. dad didn't explain that yet."

"how are you so positive it wasn't you. how are you sure that it wasn't the future, mor powerful you rising? taking control."

"It wasn't me!" you yell at him

he chuckles and smirks at you, "think that all you want y/n, but you'll soon be the woman the devil wants."

he gets up and walks to the door. he stops and looks back at you. "its your destiny y/n. sooner or later you'll realize it. try and fight back, and he will take something important to you"

he leaves the room before you can rebuttal. a few seconds later your father walks in. 

"hi dad" you say as you look at the tall figure in the room.  he looks the same as how he was in theh park, except his hair was a little ruffled and messy. 

"hey kiddo, how are you?"

"i'm good. what happened? where am I?"

"ah..always askign questions," he chuckles,"you fainted in the park and hit your head on the concrete. you currently are at angels hospital, otherwise known as the hospital for mafia."

"..what? mafia? wait i thought it was a gang? mafia how..?"

"your mother made it a mafia. she worked hard and her blood, sweat and tears made the mafia where it is today."

"huh.ok.."

"you can leave in an hour. the hit wasn't as bad as it looked. you really scared me kiddo." he walked over and embraced you. "love you. im sorry you have to deal with this at such a young age." 

"its ok dad..i can handle it..i'll twist the future. i'll be ok."

he pulls away. and grabs your arms sturdly. "be careful y/n. this is no joke. we are dealing with the goddamn devil here. but i believe in you." he gives you a weak smile and lets go of your shoulders. "your mom gets discharged at the same time as you so we will all go home as a family ok?" 

"ok!" you smile. happy to finally see your mother after worring about her the whole day. 

he walks to the door and says "love you"

"i love you too!"

it was a happy moment with your dad. you frogot all about the mafia, devil, and the son. you were a normal teen then. the last time you'd be one and the last time you'd be happy. 

a/n : hehe i left you on a cliffhanger..hehe:)

currently listening to black widow slowed and reverbed and feel like a ✨baddie✨ oop