xi

"I need to dance," you say quietly

"ok. not my problem," he says without looking at you

you pout, "yes it is now dance with me." you grab his hand and drag him to the dance floor. feeling your face heat up a bit at his hand in yours and from his heat.

"oi! what the fuck! you can't just force me to dance with you."

"well i can and i just did so now no turning back." you stop when you reach a good distance.

"you actually believe what he said?" he raises his eyebrow and looked at you smugly.

"It's a tradition. you don't mess with mafia tradition. i learned that the hard way. now, c'mon stop being a wuss and dance with me."

he looks at you for a second then gives in rolling his eyes and placing his hands on your waist. his warm hands felt nice on your cold, bare skin. you hid your blush and placed your hands around his neck. you both started slowly swaying to the song. It pulled you closer together and you could smell the whiskey on his breath.

"you drank so much I can smell the whiskey," you say

"can't help it. im a sucker for it," he says, his hot breath going on your face. 

"what's the point of wearing a suit if you are just gonna lose half of it?" you say glancing at his clothing and notice that his ties completely gone from around his neck along with his jacket. he also now had two buttons unbuttoned and his shirt was wrinkled.

"eh?" he looks down on himself. "oh, no its all on the couch. i got hot, why you asking? did you notice this while you were checking me out?" he says with a smirk. 

"wha-what? I was not!" you say hiding your red face by looking at your feet. 

he let out a low chuckle that sent a shock wave through your body. what the hell? did you stutter?? no, i can't be...I'm just drunk..yeah..drunk.

a few moments passed with silence as you both just slowly danced to the song. 

"so..um..what's it like?" you ask finally looking up at the boy.

"hm?" he looked down at you and your faces were maybe 2-3 inches apart. 

"what's it like..being the devil's son? or i guess being the heir?"

"It's fine. can't do much because I got to learn everything about everything. alliances, enemies, what to do, what not to do. I never had a normal childhood or life in general. my first kill was at 3. so don't really know much besides death. why are you asking?"

you pause before answering and look back down to your shoes, "well..i mean..im supposed to...y'know...as your parents say it, 'be the next phoenix.'"

"ahh... you're supposed to marry me or is it because you think that you'll live down there for the rest of your life?"

"all of the above."

"well, you don't stay down there forever, you manage up here i manage down there. that's why they want a human as the next phoenix." 

"oh ok" just as your about to look up, someone bumps into you pushing you into bakugou's chest. it was warm. so warm. you could smell his cologne and whiskey mixed, you wanted to stay there forever but you pulled away"ow.." you looked up to see an angry blonde, "oi! watch where you're going!" he says to the drunk man who bumped into you. 

"hey! its fine!" you say to the taller blonde. he turns his head to look down to you with concerned eyes.a few people looked over at the commotion, but there was two in the crowd that smiled at the blonde and h/c causing all the commotion. 

"see they get along fine. what'd i tell you! she's a diamond in the rough"

"Indeed she is. I'm surprised she got bakugou protective of her so quickly."

"and to that i say you owe me a spa day tomorrow and cheers!" the blonde woman clicked her champagne glass with the brunette mans.

you raise an eyebrow at the boy and smirk, "what? you worried about me?" 

"eh? no! you got pushed into me, remember?"

"Whatever you say.." still smirking at him 

"alrighty, folks!" you hear the microphone voice again. both of you turn your head to the booming voice, "that concludes tonight's annual fundraiser! Thank you all again for coming and donating! I hope to see all of you next year!" He bowed and left the room. That's when you both realized that you still had your hands around his neck and his hands still on your waist. you both dropped your hands and walked back to the couch where bakugou left all things.

"why are you following me?" 

"i need a ride." 

"what happened to yours?"

"i literally told all of this to you. how do you-" you sigh, pinching your nose, "just give me a ride home." 

"let me think about that, hm..no.see ya" he starts walking away and you catch up to him linking your arm through his. 

"too bad. i wasn't asking. "

"tf.ugh, your annoying," he says while rolling his eyes.

you walk through the door and your hit with the sudden cold wind. you shiver slightly and realize you forgot your jacket in the limo. you suddenly felt warm as you felt a fabric against your bare skin. "eh?" you look on your shoulders to see a jacket draped on you. bakugou's jacket.

you look up to the blonde, smirking smugly,  "so you are a gentlemen, aren't you? I didn't even have to ask."

"shut up," he says without looking at you. 

you slightly smile as you walk with the tallboy. 

you finally get to his car and see that it's a black SUV, almost like the president's car. 

there was no driver so you pulled your arm from bakugou's and sat on the passenger side. 

"oi what are you doing?" 

"sitting in a car. are you blind?" you say, stating the obvious. 

"ugh whatever." he starts the car and pulls away from the building that was holding the fundraiser.

you put your head on the window, it felt nice. you inhaled deeply only to smell the jacket that was on you. it smelt like him. your eyes got heavy and you fell asleep.

"oi extra" bakugou said,

"hey! are you listen-" he looked over to see you completely passed out. "shit." he didn't know where your house was and you were to cute to wake up. he froze. did i just call her cute? What's with me tonight? i called her hot, cute, and i was actually worried for her. tf.

he sighed. "what the hell am i supposed to do now?" i don't know her address, don't even have her friend's number. "stupid extra making me go through all this." he mumbled. 

guess i gotta take her...ughhhhhh 

he drove off and parked his car in an abandoned parking lot. he opened your door and picked you up bridal style. he shut the door and you subconsciously nuzzled closer to him and his warmth.  

he smiled a little at the sight of you close to him and sleeping. "don't hate me in the morning cause this is not my fault." he said 

then you guys disappeared into thin air.