Chapter 3

'~Tommy~'

I smile as everyone sings happy birthday to me, it's been two years since I was 16, and four months since Tubbo was sent away on his first mission. I blow the candles out before standing up and excusing myself from the table.

"You miss him, don't you?" Wilbur asks as he comes up behind me. I turn around with a glare before leaning against the wall with a sigh.

"Of course I miss him idiot, why wouldn't I? We literally have spent every birthday together since you took me in." I say with a sigh. Tubbo was brought into the mafia family before I was, he was brought in at the age of 12, I was brought in at the age of 13. 

"I'm sure he's fine. Don't worry yourself." Wilbur says as he looks out the window of my bedroom. I stare at the empty bed across from mine, the one that Tubbo used to own. It's only been four months and I miss him, I feel pathetic.

"Don't say it like that. It makes it sound like he doesn't know how to shoot a gun." I grumble out as I look away from Wilbur. He nods before leaving the room so I can have some time to myself. I sit down on my bed before flopping backwards. I close my eyes and drift off into a light sleep.

"TOMMY!" Wilbur screams from far away. I run towards the voice, helplessly stumbling through the battlefield. There are dead bodies everywhere, some lay wounded on the ground. Each dead body has the symbol of two devil horns tattooed onto their necks.

"WILBUR!" I scream in response. I run faster before slipping on something. I fall into the blood soaked dirt before turning around to see what I tripped on. My eyes widen when I see the dead corpses. I look behind me further and see the devil holding Tubbo captive. Rage overcomes me and I turn on my heel and start running back.

Running towards the person who ordered their troops to capture my friend. I rush at him, gun raised, I'm pulled back by Techno. I make eye contact with Tubbo as he screams for help. I scream back, but Techno seems to ignore that.

"TOMMY! TOMMY!"

"TOMMY WAKE UP!" Techno shouts as he stands above my bed. He looks concerned, extremely concerned. I blink a couple times before meeting his eyes.

"You were screaming in your sleep. I was walking by and heard you scream, sounded something like 'TECHO PUT ME DOWN! TUBBO!'." Techno says as he sits down on my bed side. I growl before pushing him off the bed.

"Yeah whatever, it was just a dream." I say as I walk out of the room, it's 4 am. I walk towards the shooting range, something to get my anger out. I pick up a gun and put on goggles before I start blasting the shit out of the targets.

'~Tubbo~'

I sigh before twirling my dagger a little bit. I drop it and squeak a bit before standing up quickly, I see everyone else in my squadron laugh at me. I shake my head before walking to my barrack. I lay down in the bed as my stomach churns.

I should be with Tommy right now, celebrating his birthday. I think, I see someone leaning against the door. I make out Nikki's figure and motion for her to come in.

"You miss Tommy?" She asks. I look up and raise an eyebrow, how did she know? "You were thinking out loud. I called Wilbur and he told me that Tommy misses you as well."

"Hah, I'm sure he does..." I say trailing off a bit. She punches my shoulder lightly before standing me up, I follow her out to see everyone relaxing and watching TV. I sit down on the couch next to George, after he finished training Tommy and I he was put into my squad.

I wonder who's gonna be in Tommy's squad. Hopefully Dream and Techno. I look around making sure I didn't say that out loud. No one is looking at me so I assume not.

Tommy is probably at the shooting range right now. I remember last time he got expelled from school he went directly to the shooting range to let his anger out. I feel bad about that still, Tommy wasn't able to finish 12th grade because of me.

Because I couldn't defend myself, so he had to do it for me, again. It's hard to believe, that Tommy is the same Tommy that came into the mafia 5 years ago. He's so much different, he used to be so bubbly, and now he's just, adult like and serious.

"Earth to Tubbo, are you receiving the message?" Eret asks as he waves his hand in front of me. I blink before nodding and looking around the room, all three of them are staring at me.

"We asked what you wanted to watch." Nikki says as she points at the tv, I nod before snatching the remote from Eret. Eret playfully tackles me as I start fighting him for the remote.

"Tubbo c'mon I trained you better than that." George says in mock disappointment, at least I think it's mock disappointment. Nikki laughs as she watches the two of us roll around on the floor. I smile triumphantly when I finally get the remote from him and start switching through the channels.

Happy Birthday Tommy. I think as I start falling asleep that night, I hope they made it a good one for him.