Chapter 15

I lied.

'~Tommy~'
I crouch down watching the trade. We're trading a prisoner of Schlatt's for Wilbur. Everything is going well so far. Everything was going so well...

~-Literally 10 minutes before-~

"Tommy and Tubbo stay in the wings, Dream and Techno follow behind me. Everyone know the plan?" Phil asked as he got out of the car, I nodded as I checked my gun cartridge. I could feel the tension in the air, I could just feel it.

"WILBUR!" Bang.

I walked up to the roof with Tubbo before we took our opposite sides, I looked down at the huge courtyard before looking to my left and seeing two of Schlatt's men also perched on the roof. They watched us carefully before glancing back down to the dark field.

"Oh you fucked up."

I watched Phill drag the girl across the yard as she screamed profanities of all sorts. Schlatt seemed less than relieved when he saw her, but at least he had Wilbur, right?

"WAIT MINX!" Bang.

I almost wanted to hold my breath, as I saw Schlatt push Wilbur down onto his knees. I didn't notice the gun by his side at the time, I noticed it too late.

"Johnathan Schlatt, you will pay for this. Let everyone be my witness, you shall die at my hands or may the gods have mercy upon my soul for making this promise."

Phill copied Schlatt and pushed the screaming girl onto the ground. Everything is going well, no sign of hidden tension or anger sparking in the air. I see Techno suddenly move forward and then I see it, the world moves in slow motion as I watch Schlatt press the gun against Wilbur's head.

"WILBUR!" I screech as the bang resounds through the room. I stare at Wilbur's body as it drops to the floor in front of the wretched man. He's still alive for now, but a shot to the stomach isn't an easy fix. It has to be possible though.

"You fucked up. You broke our promise..." Wilbur whispers as he glares at Schlatt. I see his eyes widen and then see his gaze dart towards Phill, now it's his turn to try and rush forward.

"WAIT MINX!" He screams as another gun shot sounds through the space. The girl's body drops down, the shot in the stomachq just like Wilbur. I jump down quickly and hit the the ground hard. I run towards Wilbur before pushing his shoulder.

"You bastard, you mother fucker. You told me you'd be here. You lying ass cunt." I growl out through my tears. I see his eyes flicker to me for a second, and his lips curl into a smile. Then I watch his eyes go dull. I stand up, taking the gun from my hand and aiming it at Schlatt.

All he does is smirk, he turns his back and walks away as Phill lowers my gun. They took the girl's body, now we have to decide what to do wit Wilbur's.

"NO!" Someone screeches from behind us. I lower my head as Nikki runs up to Wilbur's now cold body. She kneels next to him before turning him over and trying to patch up the wounds.

"Please Will, please." She mutters as she wraps his stomach repeatedly. Tubbo walks up to her before placing a hand on her shoulder. She collapses into Tubbo as he barely manages to catch her. I rush towards Nikki to make sure she's alright and I'm met with a heart breaking sight.

She looks so lost, the tears streaming down her face, the mud in her blonde hair. The way she's just letting herself fall to the ground. She looks numb, and it kills me. Techno goes to pick up Wilbur's body.

"W-what are you doing with him? I need to g-get him to the hospital. PUT HIM DOWN!" Nikki screams as she runs at Techno, Dream rushes forward before picking her up by the waist as she screams. She screams about how he needs proper care and we can't take him.

I close my eyes before collapsing to the ground myself, I gave him such a hard time. I made his life so much harder for him but being a brat... I curl up in a ball and let the darkness surround me. I don't care anymore, the cold can have my body. Just like it consumed Wilbur's.