Part 24 : I Have To...

Mira POV

I opened my eyes, only to find that Mystria was gone. Chilled was hugging me tightly, his eyes closed. The grass were dancing around us, while the wind whistled a tuneless song. I gently nudged Chilled in the shoulder, he opened his eyes. "She's not here anymore." I muttered. Chilled releases me and stands up. I stood up too, and started to climb up the hill in front of us. Chilled followed.

I already knew there was another tree on top of the hill, it was an old willow tree, it's leaves dangling in the breeze. I remembered this place as a child. I used to play all by myself here, I stared at the moon and stars, as I let all the memories start flowing in.

When I was 9... (Before incident)

"Why don't you play with any of the other children, Mira?" My mum asks me. I was sitting under the willow tree in the park, drifting into my own world. My parents were picking me up after school. "Huh? Oh, they... Don't really like me." I answered. "Well why don't you make them your friends?" My father asks me as he took my hand. I thought for a moment. "I-I don't know." I stuttered. My mum smiles brightly at me. "Well promise me you will make some friends eventually, okay?" She holds out her pinkie. I hooked my pinkie into hers. "Okay!"

When I was 9... (Right after incident)

I ran as fast as I could up the hill, the sight of the dead man still fresh in my mind. I frantically climbed up the willow tree, and hid in the leaves, still in a state of shock. What just happened? Did I kill someone? Will I go to jail? What about mummy and daddy? I hugged my knees to my chest, and began to cry.

After some time, I heard a voice. "Hello, is anyone there?" I quickly quietened down. I heard footsteps heading towards me. My heart beat fast, as I saw light coming from behind the leaves. "Oh hello, who are you? Why are you crying?" I looked up from my hands, a girl with red hair and a freckled face reached her hand out to me. "My name is Angela, what's yours?" She asks. I shook her hand, and climbed down the tree. She looked almost the same age as me, but she was slightly taller. "I'm Mira, nice to meet you." "Hey, you're in my class aren't you?" I quickly thought for a moment, she was the one sitting in front of me. I nodded my head. "Well why don't we go home from school together? I heard you stay nearby." I nodded and followed her home.

When I was 12...

I didn't bother to wait for Angela after school, I sulked sadly up the hill, and sat under the willow tree. I got full marks for my science test, but everyone hates me. They think I cheated or something, but I didn't. Just because I was better than them, doesn't mean I cheat. I should have not studied, at least I could make friends. I heard soft footsteps coming up the hill behind me. I already knew who it was. "Angela, why are you here? Don't you hate me too? For being better than you? Just leave me alone." I said. Angela sat down next to me instead, and watched the sun set with me.

"I don't hate you. In fact, I like you even more now. At least I know I could come to you if I have any problems in Science." She happily hugs me. "Don't listen to those people who look down on you, listen to those who respect you, can you do that? For me?" I nodded. She smiled slightly. "Great, speaking of which, I'm not too sure how to do this Science question..."

When I was 16...

I walked up to the old willow tree again. I was going to meet my new boyfriend here for a date. I was in a long dark purple dress, and curled my long brown hair. I even put on some make up, which I don't do very often. After about 5 minutes, I saw my boyfriend, Daniel. He had wavy brown hair, and huge glasses and was wearing a shirt and jeans. Most girls don't acknowledge him at all, but I did. He asked me to be his girlfriend a few days back, and I said yes.

We sat down for a while, watching the red sun sink into the horizon ahead. As soon as it set, I saw the moon and stars waking up, lazily twinkling on the distance. I looked at Daniel, his eyes looked into mine. I smiled as I leaned in closer to him, he does the same. Our lips were just about to touch, when I felt my eyes tingle.

He backs away from me. "Why did your eyes change color?" I stood up and tried to explain, but he wouldn't listen. "Are you some kind of alien? Why did it do that?" He screamed. He stared to run off into the distance, away from me. I tried to chase him, but he was too quick for me. Soon, he disappeared into the distance. I fell to the long grass, and cried the whole night...

Back to present...

I let my tears fall from my eyes, as all the emotions I kept pent up inside me broke free. I closed my eyes, feeling the wind blowing past me. I never felt more calm in my life. All the bad experiences make me who I am today. The strong woman I am. I was glad everything happened, failure was my teacher in life.

Suddenly, I was given a strong shove from behind. I fell forward and rolled down the hill. The bumps and rocks scratched my skin, and hit my head, I felt my mind slipping off into the distance again. I felt someone grabbing my shirt, and dragging me away. Then, I heard the person say something. "I'm sorry..." Wait...

Mystria.

I felt her tossing me into a truck, I tried to look at her, but all I saw was a man getting into the driver's seat. I was confused, but I was also going to faint soon. Just before I blacked out, I heard her speak again.

"I have to..."

So flashback chapter here. Hope you enjoyed it! I forgot to mention the 1.33K reads I got. Thanks so much! As I said I may not be able to update during the weekdays, but I will try my best to do so during the weekends. Stay awesome guys! XD