Chapter 11- Betrayal

I woke up the next morning with bruises and dried blood all over me. No matter how hard I try, make up will not cover these. I decided not to go to school today.

Once my mum left for work, I went down stairs and made myself some pancakes.

I put on some music and sang along; very badly may I add...

" Oh my God, look at that face
You look like my next mistake
Love's a game, wanna play?

New money, suit and tie
I can read you like a magazine
Ain't it funny, rumors fly
And I know you heard about me
So hey, let's be friends
I'm dying to see how this one ends
Grab your passport and my hand
I can make the bad guys good for a weekend

So it's gonna be forever
Or it's gonna go down in flames
You can tell me when it's over
If the high was worth the pain
Got a long list of ex-lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane
'Cause you know I love the players
And you love the game

'Cause we're young and we're reckless-"

Someone burst out laughing from behind me...

I turned around and saw Frank. "what are you doing here?" I asked looking down, clearly embarrassed that he heard my terrible singing.

"I was about to leave for school when I heard your horrible voice!" Frank laughed. "A-and I've g-ot it on t-tape!!"

He said inbetween laughs.

"what?!" I shouted, "why?"

"B-because it was f-funny!!!" after Frank had finally calmed down, he said, "aren't you coming to school today?"

"No..."

He came closer to and studied the bruises on me, "good thinking, wouldn't wanna give anyone nightmares would we?" he laughed and walked out if my house.

Oh great! Why did my voice have to be so dreadful?!

I layed down on the sofa and questions were going through my head until I finally fell asleep...

***2 hours later***

I woke up from my deep sleep and turned to see Lucy sitting on the sofa opposite me!!

"Arghhh!" I screamed, "how the hell did you get in here?!"

"your front door was open." she said. Ergh I guess I forgot to lock it after Frank left this morning.

"ok... but why are you here?" I asked as I sat up. "you weren't in school today and I was really worried." she sat down next to me.

"oh I'm fine Lucy, I just had a headache that's all." I forced a smile.

"please don't lie to me Em....what's wrong?" she said in a low voice.

"what makes you think that there's something wrong?" I asked acting dumb. "you've got bruises and cuts all over you Em." she said.

Oh poop I forgot about them!!!

"errrrrr...I fell down the stairs?"

Really fell down the stairs?! What's wrong with you Emily? It sounds like you were trying to convince yourself!!!

"you and I both know that's not true honey." she said, "what happened."

I knew that she wasn't going to let this go so I told her everything that happened.

***a while later***

Once I finished saying everything to Lucy, I looked up to see her looking at me with wide eyes. She wasn't moving or blinking.

"please say something Lucy."

"You have to tell someone about this Emily!" she shouted after a few minutes of silence which made me jump.

"i-i can't...." I whispered.

"Why?" Lucy questioned, "you can't go through this!"

"I can handle this Luce, just leave please." I said harshly. I looked into her eyes and saw a mixture of emotions.

She got up but before she left, she said "thanks for telling me!" she sounded different, evil...

Bing

Oh someone uploaded something on Facebook. I got my laptop out and saw a video. I clicked the play button but there was only darkness and then someone began to talk....

***after the video***

By now tears were streaming down my face and I was shaking like an animal.

Why?

Now everyone knows everything! I scrolled down to see who posted the video.

"no!" I said to myself, "she recorded the conversation and now it's on Facebook..."

Lucy betrayed me?!

**************************************************

Hey guys :)
What do you think about Lucy?
Did you expect this to happen?

Vote and comment
-Tammy