Bad Dream

Namjoon POV
I got home late tonight. We were finishing up the finishing touches of the new album and no one wanted to leave until it was perfect. I set my keys on the table by the door and take off my coat.

Then I headed upstairs to my and Jinnie's room. But I stopped at a particular door. It was Jungkook's room and it sounded like he was crying in there.

I knocked on the door and opened it. "Jungkook?" I say, concerned.

He looked at me and then started to cry harder. I was shocked at this. I slowly walked over to him.

"Jungkook, why are you crying?" I ask him.

"I want Daddy." He said through his crying breaths.

"Daddy's sleeping. You can just tell me what's wrong." I say with a smile.

Jungkook then starts freaking out. "No! I want Daddy! I want Daddy!" He screamed through a crying fit.

I just go and get Jin. I don't know what's happening but I think I should just go get Jin.

I walk into our room and go over to him, shaking him. "Jin! Jin, wake up!" I say.

"What?" He asked while groaning.

"Something's wrong with Jungkook." I tell him.

He immediately wakes up completely. "What? What's wrong with him?" He asked, panicking.

"I don't know. I heard him crying and when I tried to ask him what's wrong, he freaked out and started to cry harder saying that he wanted you." I explained.

"Ok, stay here." He said as he got up and walked out the room.

I sat where Jin once lied. I was getting very worried about Jungkook. And now all I can do is wait for Jin.

After 5 minutes, Jin walks back into the room. I stand up and look at him hoping for an answer.

"Namjoon, you need to go have a talk with Jungkook. It's important that you do." He said to me.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"He'll tell you when you get there." Jin said.

I nodded and headed to Jungkook's room. Once I get there, I see Jungkook sitting on the edge of his bed and he's not crying anymore.

I sit down next to him. "Jungkook, what's wrong?" I ask.

Jungkook takes a deep breath. "I had a bad dream, Papa." He said while looking at the floor.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask him. He nods. "Ok, you can tell me. I won't get mad."

Jungkook starts to cry again. "I had a dream that you started to hit us like he did." He said through tears.

My heart dropped. I immediately pulled him into a hug as he was crying out. He and his brothers have been through so much, too much. Jin too.

But I don't blame him for having a dream like that. I mean the last time he had another father, besides Jin, in his life, him and his family were beat every day by him. Now I come in and I'm a new father figure.

"Jungkook, I promise you. I will NEVER hit any of you. Ever. You guys don't deserve that, you guys only deserve to be loved." I say. "Hey, remember my promise I made to you?"

Jungkook looked at me confused. "Promise?"

"Yep, when we first met. You asked me if me and your Dad were friends and I said yes. Then you asked me if I like like your Dad and I said yes. Then you asked me if I would hurt you guys like him. Do you remember what my answer was?

"You said, 'No, of course not. You guys didn't deserve to be treated like that. I'll make sure no one hurts you guys again. That mean man doesn't deserve you guys.' Right?" Jungkook quoted word for word.

"Correct and I attend on keeping that promise. To you. To Yoongi. To Hoseok. And to Jin. Ok?" I say to him.

Jungkook hugged me tighter. I placed him on my lap and hugged him just as tightly.

"I love you, Papa." Jungkook says into my shoulder.

I smiled. "I love you too, Jungkook."

I held him in that position until I heard soft snores coming from him. I looked down and saw that he had fallen asleep on me. How cute.

I stood up and tried to lay him down in his bed, but he clung onto me. He whined when I tried to pull him off again.

I sighed and got the message. I walked but to our room and lied down with him laying in between me and Jin.

End of flashback

I sat up quickly in the bed. It was midnight. I looked at the spot where Jungkook slept that day.

I sighed. I promised him to never let anyone hurt him or his brother or Jin. And I broke my promise. Someone got him and we have no idea if that person is going to hurt him or not. We don't even know if we will see him again.

I wiped my cheeks as the tears slowly fell down my face. I failed them. I failed Jin and his brothers and especially Jungkook.

"Joon? Are you ok?" Jin asked me as he turned on the light.

I just kept looking at my hands.

"Namjoon! Why are you crying?" He asked me, very concerned.

"I failed you guys." I say while clenching my fists.

"What? How?" He asked, confused.

"I promise to never let you guys get hurt by someone like Josh again. Here we are." I say, slightly angered.

"Joon, you told me not to beat myself up about this, but here you are doing the thing you told me not to. Joon, you had no idea just like me, the boys and even Jungkook did." He said to me.

"Yea, but-"

"Namjoon, there's so many things that you've done for us. You showed me that I can love without fearing for me and my children. You taught the boys that they can be who they are without being yelled at."

"You made us believe that not everyone in this world is like Josh. So please don't say things about yourself. Please." He said while holding my face and crying.

I smiled at him and wiped his tears. "Ok, Jinnie. You're right." I say while pulling him into a hug.

I love you, Namjoon." Jin said.

"I love you too, Jin." I say to him.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please stay safe and healthy. I purple you all 💜 💜 💜