My Chance

Jungkook POV
"Kookie, it's time to get up." I hear being said.

I whined.

"Come on, Kooks." He tells me while giving me a shake.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked at him. He smiled before walking back upstairs.

Day 15 if being here

Things have actually been better since before. They aren't hitting me all the time anymore. They only do it every once and a while.

He is extremely nice to me now. But I don't trust it at all. They could ALWAYS go back to their mean selves at any point.

He thinks that I trust them whole heartedly.

But in the end, I still want to go home. I still feel scared and unsafe at this house. I want to be back to my parents, family and friends. And trust me, I've tried to but it didn't work.

I finally got up and ready for the day. This is one of the ways that he is being nice. I'm allowed to shower now and he brought me more clothes. So that's good.

I showered and brushed my teeth before going to the kitchen. The table was set up with our food there. I just sat down and ate because he had dosed me already.

Josh turns on the TV and the first thing that's on is the news. And guess what was on the news? Me!

"An 8 year old, named Kim Jungkook, has gone missing from his neighborhood last week. *shows pictures of me*"

"He is 4' 2", roughly around 50 lbs

"He is 4' 2", roughly around 50 lbs. He has black hair with dark brown almost black eyes. He went missing on the date of July 21st from his neighborhood in Gangnam-gu, Seoul. But the police have some leads, but much. If anyone has any information, they are asking that you contact the Seoul police department." The female reporter says.

"Man, I can't imagine anyone taking my child. I would be devastated. Just heartbroken. And isn't that the rapper, RM's, kid?" The male reporter asked.

"Yes, him and his family were and are just devastated like you said earlier. It's not-"

Josh turns off the TV and slams the remote onto the table. He started breathing heavily like he was angry. He harshly stabbed his home fries.

I gulped. When he gets angry, he gets scary. That has a 50 50 chance of me getting hurt.

"You are not HIS son. You are MY son." He said through gritted teeth.

I am Papa's son, but I don't want to get a punishment like the first one again, so I don't respond.

"Right?!!" He asked me harshly while looking up at me.

My breathing hitched and it was like I can't breathe. But I nodded my head.

He squints his eyes at me. "You're lying. You still think that you are his son." He says in a very skeptical and disappointed way.

I shake my head.

He stands up and walks over to me.

I literally start to panic. No, please don't hit me.

"You need to stop lying to me, boy." He said while getting in my face.

I shake my head no again. "I'm not lying, I swear." I say trying to convince him. "YOU are my only father beside Dad. Not him. He means nothing to me. Because you are my dad, Papa."

I feel sick to my stomach while saying those things about Papa and especially when I called Josh 'Papa'.

He looks at me and smiles. "That's my boy." He said while rustling my hair.

Then he went to go sit down again and ate his food like nothing happened.

I quietly let out my breath in relief. Then I grabbed my fork and started to eat again.

Time skip~

"Jungkook, get ready. We're leaving." Josh said.

"Hm? Where?" I ask.

"To the store." He said. "I can trust you enough to bring you with me, right?"

I smiled and nodded. This might be my only chance of getting help from or information to the outside. I need to be very wise about this.

"Good. Go get ready." He said to me.

I run downstairs to the basement and grab a jacket and some shoes. But I also grab a tiny stack of post-it notes and a pen and put them in each shoe before putting the shoe on. Uncomfortable but worth it.

"I'm ready." I say to him.

"Ok." He says before putting a mask on my face and a hat on my head. "You keep these two on at all times. Clear?"

I nodded.

"Good. Let's go." He says while unlocking the doors with the keys and walking outside.

We got into the car and drove, for what seemed like forever, to the store.

We started to shop around when I set my plan into play.

"Papa, I'm sorry. But I really have to go to the bathroom." I say to him.

"Can't you wait until we get back home?" He asked me.

I shook my head no and grabbed myself to make it more believable.

He sighs. "Ok, let's go." He said while leading us over to the bathrooms.

I go into the bathroom and quickly go into a stall. I take out the post-it notes and pen from my shoes and quickly write a message on it.

"My name is Kim Jungkook. I'm the little boy who was kidnapped on July 21st from Gangnam-gu. I was taken by my biological father, Lee Joshua. I don't know where we are living but it's very far from here and in the woods.

I'm scared.

Please if you are seeing this, please give this to the police. And please don't post it on social media or tell the news about this. If he finds out about this, he'll hurt me very bad. Please help me as best as you can.

-Kim Jungkook"

After I'm done writing the message, I put the things back in my shoes and stuck the notes on the door. Then I go and wash my hands.

I came out of the bathroom, shaking the water off of my hands.

"Ready?" He says.

I nodded.

We finished shopping, paid and left the store. I hope someone will find that note. This is the only chance. Please someone find it.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please stay safe and healthy. I purple you all 💜💜💜