Chapter 2

Dream's P.O.V

I saw the light come into the window as the sun rose. I was still against the door, I was in so much pain and was to tired to move.

I slowly got up and limped to my closet. I picked a outfit and put it on.

It was jean shorts with a long sleeved purple shirt, white socks going all the way up to my knees and black sneakers. I opened a drawer which held my crown and Nightmare's old crown. I gave a sad smile, I miss him.

I almost forgot! I need to cover the bags under my eyes! I went into the bathroom and put on a bit of makeup, now I am ready!

I put my crown on and headed downstairs. As expected, Blue was making tacos.

 "Good morning Blue!" I said cheerful, I've mastered faking emotions.

 "Morning Dream! How did you sleep?" He asked, not even looking at me. He was to focused on making his tacos.

 "Good!" I said as I sat down at the table.

 "That's good! I didn't sleep to much, the movie kept me up." Blue said.

 "Then you should have slept in! You need sleep!" I said.

 "But I had to make breakfast!" Blue argued.

 "Alright, then you should go to bed early tonight!" I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my side, it was like being stabbed. I need to go do my job soon.

 "Okay!" He pulled the tacos out of the oven and put them on a nice platter. "Here you go!" He said, setting the platter on the table.

I smiled at him as I took a taco. After I finished eating I got up. "I need to go spread positivity! Bye Blue!"

 "Bye! Stay safe!" He said as he was washing the dishes.

 I made a portal and left.

Once I got the positivity to 70% I decided to go visit my old au.

(If the negativity is low, it doesn't actually hurt Nightmare. I will give a better explanation next chapter.)

I walked around, looking at all the destroyed buildings. No one has lived here since....since.....The accident. 

I saw the destroyed tree. The memories came flooding back, all that time talking and laughing with Nightmare. If I wasn't with him, he was reading. Or at least that's what I saw.

Then, another memory came. The villagers trying to attack him, his screams as the darkness consumed him. The villagers painful cries.

This is all my fault, I could have prevented that. I just watched in horror. Nightmare is right, I'm not a hero. I couldn't even protect my own brother.

I sat under the broken tree, I soon felt my eyes being filled with tears. I was crying, more than usual. I wiped and scratched at my eyes, nothing worked. I couldn't stop crying.

I just leaned against the tree and let the tears fall. My cries were loud, but it's not like it matters. No one is here to hear me.

{AUTHOR}

The next chapter will be an explanation. Everything is probably really confusing right now. I'll try my best to explain it.