The Explanation

Hello! It's me, the author! I'm here to explain this strange au I came up with.

When Dream and Nightmare they were playing when a old woman appeared. She explained the balance.

"The negativity and positivity must be balanced. We should not let one side overwhelm the other. If that happens, the multiverse will experience problems."

"If the negativity goes to high, people already with depression will commit suicide. Causing a mass suicide throughout all the multiverse."

"If the positivity gets to high, everyone will become prideful. All their bad traits will go up. Which could end a lot of relationships in the multiverse."

"Now, Dream. I am trusting you with this information. It is your job to protect the multiverse. I apologize, but their will also be consequences for you. If the multiverse becomes unbalanced you will feel pain, the more unbalanced it is the more pain you feel. And if one side goes to zero and the other to 100, you will die. Your brother will not remember this, so it is your job to protect the multiverse yourself, goodbye."

 Then she left, Dream hasn't seen that women since then. But now, he is left with a ton of responsibility. Which leads to a lot of stress, pain, and sleepless nights.

Hope this was a good enough explanation, ask me questions if you have any. Goodbye!