Utterly Bizarre, Chapter 2:『Gas Station Panic』

JoJo walked to the back isles of the small convenience store and scanned over the various brands of chips, beverages, and assortments of snacks and frozen treats. His job gave him enough money to pay for food, but he had to remind himself it wasn't that much, and he couldn't buy too much all at once.

Scooping some bags of chips, jerky, bread and water (as they had no running water from their tap back at home) into his bag. As he was about to move towards the counter, however, three men with black scarfs wrapped around their faces walked into the store. Fearing the worst, JoJo kneeled down so that the men couldn't see him over the aisles. One of them walked over to the woman at the cash register and whipped out a pistol.

"You know the drill", the man said, "We want your damn money, blah blah blah, now put it in the sack or I blow your face off." The woman was visibly shaken and trembled as she moved towards the register. JoJo angered, but could relate to the robbers: they were likely also poor men, trying to survive, or get food for their families, or be able to live a luxurious life, things JoJo wished he could do all at once. Still, this was not the right way.

The other two robbers took their time to scoop up a load of snacks in their arms.

"Dammit, we should've brought a bag!" one of them exclaimed. "Hey chief, can we use your bag?", he asked, motioning over to the sack that had been filling with cash.

"No, you idiot!", the "chief" responded, "oh lord, I should've known the two of you would try to steal chow, as well." He looked over to the lady behind the register, "Very sorry about those two, they're like this all the time", he said, still actively waving his gun at her. Suddenly, he heard a loud crashing sound and turned to see one of his partners frozen in shock, and the other against the wall, laying in a crater with cracks all around him. "Okay, what the hell did you guys do now?!", he yelled.

"He..he...he just.....", the still conscious robber responded, "....moved..."

"Well, obviously he didn't do that himself, 'ya dumb ass! What did you do?!"

Suddenly, as if just to prove the chief wrong, one of his conscious comrade's cheeks bent inward, and blood spattered out of his mouth as he fell to the floor.

"Wh-what the-?!", the chief stuttered, dropping his sack of cash. Suddenly, a man crept out from behind the aisles and rose to look at him.

Josh Josaba slowly moved forward as he spoke. "You try to feel in control, and I can understand that. You want to be able to manipulate something in society, to feel power for once. You want to mean something....", as he said this, a strange shadow appeared behind him, one with muscular arms and glowing eyes, "..but you're still criminals, plain and simple, and you're only praying on other people in the same situation." From behind him, the creature emerged into full view, and it looked like something out of a monster movie. Instead of a head, it had a huge mouth where it's collarbone was, and eyes near where it's neck would be. It had no skin, only muscle, think the monsters from Attack on Titan.

Though the chief robber could not force himself to speak words, he thought to himself that he still had a chance. He didn't know how the kid got his friends, but...he's alone, he's just a normal kid, right? Before Josaba could move, a gun was pointed at his chest.

"You're a big, clumsy target.", the man in the scarf said, "I like that". However, before he could spout another word, the creature crumpled the gun in his hand. "B-b-bent.. all on it's own!!!", he shouted.

"Y'know", Josh said, "I was gonna let you go with a warning, but I think we can all agree you've denied yourself one by now". The creature pulled free the man's scarf, revealing his face to the woman. "Go ahead, take all the pictures you want!", said Josaba, "He's harmless now!" After a plethora of swearing from the thug, the woman took out her cellphone and took a plethora of pictures. Suddenly, the creature gave the criminal a nice gentle nighty-night, by knocking him into unconsciousness with a fist to the back of the skull.

Both Josh and the employee at the store stood in silence for roughly 15 seconds before Josh walked up with his groceries.

"So!", he asked the trembling woman, "what do I owe 'ya?"

To be continued...