Chapter 4

The next 3 days we -Elwin and I- tried everything to wake him up, I transmitted for hours on end, begging for him to wake up. I was starting to lose hope. I miss his ice-blue eyes and his smirk. His artfully styled hair as it now hung flat against his forehead, and his endless jokes. I started to tear up as I thought of the fact that if he didn't wake up by tomorrow the council would declare him dead. Mr. Forkle stopped by yesterday to check up on my mental health. At least that's what I think, but he declared he came to see Keefe. Anyways when he was here I asked him whether I should try to heal him. He told me he would come by today to see if it is safe for me to do. I'm expecting him to be here soon.  The door opened and Mr. Forkle and Sir Tiergan walked in.

"Sir Tiergan!?!" I exclaimed.

"I see Mr. Forkle didn't tell you I would be here."

"He did not."

"Miss Foster I believe we have a bigger matter to attend to," Mr. Forkle said, glancing at Keefe.

" Right, " she responded.

Mr. Forkle pressed his fingers against Keefe's temples and closed his eyes.  I counted the seconds (247 to be exact) and I tugged out an eyelash.  Why is it taking so long?  I had counted all the way up to 313 seconds when Mr. Forkle opened his eyes and moved his fingers off of Keefe's temples and told me that,

"It is safe to go in but by the looks of it, you need some rest.  Get some sleep and after you wake up, you can ask Elwin if it is okay for you to do.  If he says yes, go into his emotional center and see what you should try to inflict on him during the healing."

He was right I hadn't slept in days. Ever since the scroll arrived I've been working nonstop trying to get Keefe to wake up.

"Okay," I said reluctantly. I knew there was no possible way that I could go to sleep and I'm pretty sure Mr. Forkle knew that too because he said,

"You may wanna take a sedative.  And yes I know your thoughts about them, but you can't try and heal his mind if you don't sleep."

" Maybe you could try some slumber berry tea if you would prefer that, " Tiergan added. 

"Ok" I agreed.

"We hope that you will tell us if and when he wakes up," Mr. Forkle said.

" Of course, " I replied.

After Tiergan and Mr. Forkle left, Elwin offered me a sedative but I declined. 
"Sophie I know how you feel about sedatives but Mr. Forkle told me that if you didn't get any sleep you cannot attempt to heal Keefe.  So It's either you take this, sleep on your own, or slumberberry tea.  Let's be honest Sophie when was the last time you were sleeping the whole night on your own?"

I stayed silent.  But he took my silence as an answer and added, " That's what I thought, so is your choice The sedative, " as he held up the bright pink vial, "Or you can drink tea."
I looked from him down to the vial.  I swallowed and grabbed it.  I uncorked the vial and gulped down the sickly sweet syrup. I guess I'm in for dreams of rainbows, glitter, dancing unicorns, and pineapple's wearing tutus and sunglasses.  Great.

The next chapter will be in Sophie's POV.  It will be after she wakes up from the sedative.  It will hopefully be out soon.
~Addison ☺

Word Count:  613 words including A/N.