A Show of Skill(Danielle's pov)

After dinner, I headed out to the garden. Since mother had a job that paid a lot more than most, it was all I could do to be modest.

Dawn joined me after a moment.

"Do you mind if I call my friends?"

I smiled. "Sure! I'd like to meet them too."

Dawn tapped for a little on her watch, and soon set up a call.

The person on the other side answered within three rings.

"Ah Dawn! What can I do to help you?"

"Well, Serena. If I told you I'm in another world where pokemon rule and there's a pokemon right next to me, what would you say?"

I listened with amusement as Serena squealed.

"Wowie wow wait let me call Ash!"

Through the line, I could hear a faint 'Aaaaassh'.

A raven boy with disheveled hair entered the screen.

"Serena, you interrupted my nap!"

"Well, if you want to hear about a new region, wake up!"

Ash bolted awake.

"Hey Dawn! Care to tell me how to get there?"

Dawn laughed.

"I apparently got here because of a temperamental portal or something. The only person I know here is Paul, who accidentally got here too. By the way, I'd like to introduce you to Danielle. She's in human form, but she's a pokemon."

I leaned over and said hello.

"Well, hello! I'm Serena, and this is my–"

"Boyfriend–" Dawn interrupted.

Serena blushed. "Dawn! As I was saying, friend–"

I giggled. "I know what's a boyfriend, don't worry."

Serena blushed so fiercely her face put ten ripe tamato berries to shame.

Dawn laughed, while Ash looked confused.

I giggled again. "Well, it's nice to meet you. As Dawn said, I'm Danielle, and I'm a few years younger."

Dawn smiled. "So, any pointers on how to act in a new region?"

Ash laughed. "Dawn, you're way too nervous! Loosen up, be brave and have fun! By the way, I heard you visited Professor Oak! Did he mention anything about me?"

Dawn chose her words carefully. "He was…gone when I came. However, there were some people called Red, Yellow, Green and Blue. Do you know them?"

Ash thought for a moment. "Yeah, I know them. You see, Red would come for visits to the prof., and the prof. would explain the old days when pokedexes weren't just given to anyone. A person had to have genuine potential and love for pokemon. I recall listening to Red's and a few other dexholders'? Is that what they called them? Stories. The youngest was barely older than me, I recall."

Dawn smiled. "Cool! So, I should go. I have something I want to do."

Serena smiled. "Have fun!"

With a click the call was hung up on.

Dawn stood and looked at Danielle. "Say, since you're an intelligent pokemon species, can you see if my contest techniques are okay?"

I glowed. "You can perform? I haven't seen a performance in ages! All the females I know aren't feminine."