Loris Forest Scuffle(Danielle's pov)

Paul's catch was a good one, I admit. The battle between them was fun to watch as well, as most Leavetians I knew were insanely overpowered, therefore making battles boring unless they battled those who were on par with them.

Dawn had bombarded Paul with a load of questions, but I knew better than to ask. I could see he was more on the introverted side, and I could also see that he wasn't that much of a talker.

We headed deeper into the forest. My mother often took me along to visit a renowned ice-cream stall in Davinis Town, so I knew from experience that we were nearly there.

As we rounded a bend, I saw Davinis Town. It wasn't far, but it wasn't exactly close either.

However, the sun was setting, and even though I would've liked to get to Davinis Town before sundown, it sadly wasn't possible. The view of Davinis with the sunset in the background was breathtaking though.

As my traveling companions drank in the view, I decided to get their attention.

"Dawn, Paul! I've been to Davinis Town, so I know from experience that we still have a few kilometers to go. How about we set up camp for tonight, and go first thing tomorrow?"

Dawn mirrored my enthusiasm to rest. "Sure!"

Paul grunted. "I shouldn't have expected you to head there first before the next day dawns."

I sighed. "Paul, from what I know from you and Dawn's walking speed, we won't get there until two forty-one in the morning the next day. Also, your Motheseus has been battered too much today, and needs a rest. He also needs a meal."

Paul raised an eyebrow at my accurate prediction.

I simply said, "Leavetian curriculum for maths, biology and physics."

Paul simply nodded while Dawn gaped.

Smiling, I looked around the area for a suitable place to camp.

I saw a small opening up on a hill. Jumping up a on a rock, I touched my hand to the steep incline of the hill and jumped again, reaching the small opening.

It was a cave. A rather large one, at that.

Looking around, I deemed it safe enough from wild pokemon because of its position on the steep slope. Flying pokemon or Leavetians were the worst case scenario, and the 87 degree angle of the slope and absence of small ledges or rocks(in fact the one I jumped on was the only one) meant that not even the most talented Gogoats could scale it.

Looking inside the cave, it was mostly dry save for a small pool of water that was formed by water dripping from above. It was contained though, so nothing much to worry about. I headed back outside so I could peek out at my companions.

Dawn and Paul watched me from below. When I waved to them, only Dawn waved back. Paul snorted, and despite the hill being tall-ish, I could hear him.

That Paul really needs to loosen up.

Waving my hands again, I used psychic to lift them up to the cave.

They both looked around with obvious interest. "It's settled," they both said, and glared at each other.

I smiled nervously at their exchange. I decided to forage for food before I could hear their bickering.

As soon as I leaped down from the cave, I could hear their bickering start. Paul was reasoning and logical, while Dawn relied on sound.

I giggled. When reason doesn't work, go for volume.

I jumped up again. Grabbing Dawn's arm, I pulled her down with me

"You are going to come with me, young lady."

Dawn sighed as I dragged her to go forage.

We looked around the forest for a while. As soon I had picked enough berries to give Dawn, Paul and me a feast, I started to pick out small branches for firewood and a support to cook on.

When we were in front of the hill again, I used my hands to hold the berries and firewood I had collected, while I mentally ordered my wings to sprout from my back. When giant feathery wings appeared on both sides, I flew into the air and bent my legs to catch Dawn under the armpits and fly her into the air.

With one strong flap, I propelled myself off the ground and seven feet in the air. After ascending a few more feet, I flew backwards into the cave, letting Dawn's feet touch the ground.

Paul grumbled.

Dawn sighed and giggled."You know Paul, makes me think of us being Rapunzel, so high up we are."

Paul proceeded to comment, "You're missing long hair and a Kecleon, but otherwise you're quite similar."

I laughed at the mention of the fairy tale. Smiles erupted on my face as I recalled how mother used to tell me stories.

As I lit the fire, I thought about how I couldn't remember the stories she told. No matter how hard I tried, not a single story came to me. Odd.

I started to cook the berries absentmindedly. Suddenly, Dawn sat down next to me.

"Hey Danielle, do you know a few stories? The more things I know about this land, the better!"

I thought about it. "Yes, I know a few. The most famous ones."

Dawn smiled. "Tell me!"

I wondered about which to tell her. Then, I decided on my childhood favourite.

"In the past, Florijein was entirely forest. And you know what they say: a forest is an adventure in itself."

"There were once two wise explorers exploring the dense forests, and one day, they found a field entirely comprised of lavender. The odd thing was, it wasn't just purple–the flowers had different colours. From the brightest of reds to the darkest of blues, the entire field was one gigantic paint palette."

"The explorers were stunned. In the middle of the field, there was a giant mushroom that towered over the both of them. At the bottom of the mushroom sat a young maiden. Oh, how different she was! The flowers around her were vibrant, colourful. But she was as grey as the shadow that was cast around her from the giant mushroom above."

"They headed closer, and as if repeating the lines from an old textbook, said," I am the lady of the field, the holding force that makes this field shine with colours no other painting can match. I can grant you each one wish, but you will never return again.""

"The men looked at one another, and one stepped forward and knelt. "I wish for this field to prosper forever, be it in any way," said he. The second stepped forward and knelt. "I wish for your freedom," said he."

"The maiden beamed, and stepped out from the shadow of the mushroom."

Suddenly, an arrow flew past, interrupting me. A deep voice continued the story.

"But in that moment, as soon as she stepped out, the field withered, the thousands of colours fading into a dull grey. No one knows where the colour went, but the wise men and the maiden, who was no longer guarding the field, lived happily ever after."

Remember my condition, STICA? Well, it applies to fear, too.

All I remember is passing out.