Igniting Battles and Memories(Danielle's pov)

I felt the familiar rush of excitement as I shifted into Leavetian form.

I eyed Helios. I knew female form Leavettys had better special attack and special defense, while male forms had better attack and defense, but both me and Helios would have similar speed. He, I knew, being a temple guardian, had been far better trained for his job than I was for mine because of experience and time.

Faintly, I heard the referee yell, "battle begin!"

I leaped forward, and lunged at Helios. He used Flame Charge and went straight for me.

Quickly, I changed my form into that of the water type Leavetty's, and used Quiver Dance so that I'd increase my speed, special attack and special defense. I also activated Speed Boost to give myself a speedy advantage.

With my newfound speed, I leaped over him and used Aqua Tail as hard as possible, slamming him to the ground.

Getting up almost instantly, he used Flame Charge again, and lunged at me. Without thinking, I used Quiver Dance again to boost my stats even further.

Dodging the attack, I quickly used Quiver Dance, raising my stats even higher.

Helios now searched me. My stat boosts, I knew, had not gone unnoticed. If he was going to best me, he had to either boost his own now inferior speed or boost his superior attack to hit harder before I dealt the finishing blow.

As I anticipated, he went for swords dance. Lunging towards me with Flame Charge, I stood there and waited.

I waited for the right moment. When it came, I swung Aqua Tail at him, but he bit hard onto my tail and threw me onto the ground.

Then it hit me. He had used Seismic Toss.

I bounced off the ground and saw him readying another Flame Charge. Due to his current known moves, he had picked, most probably, the fire and fighting types. Grinning, a strategy formed in my mind.

I quickly used Rain Dance. I decided on the last remaining move, knowing that Helios only knew my type as Water.

In my head, plan Pelipper was already formulated.

Helios didn't like it, for sure.

He dashed at me with two paws outstretched. I used Aqua Tail to keep him back, but his experience clearly won as he took the attack and used Endeavor on me.

Why Endeavor? I quickly hit him with Aqua Tail and charged up Hurricane. Helios hit me with another Endeavor as I felt my HP get whittled down.

Before I could send Hurricane at him, he used Endeavor. I hit him with Aqua tail to keep him back. He used another move that drained nearly all my HP out of me. Exhausted and disoriented, I sent Hurricane at him, thanking the rain that would mean perfect accuracy.

It turns out that it was not needed. Helios's body lay fainted on the floor. The referee raised his eyebrows and calmed the Hurricane using Psychic.

Helios meanwhile, had gotten up, and morphed back into human form.

I did the same and collapsed onto the floor with exhaustion.

Dawn, who had been watching, ran over and helped me up.

Helios nodded to the referee. The referee cleared his throat.

"The winner of this battle is Danielle, the challenger! Now, the challenger must choose between the position-or the puzzle piece."

I raised my head and said, "the puzzle piece please."

Helios bowed.

"Follow me."