𝘖 𝔫 𝔢 .

« 𝐒ᴏᴍᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇs, ʟɪғᴇ ʜᴀs ɪᴛs ᴡᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ         ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴇᴀsᴛ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛ ɪᴛ » —--—

—--—

Letters, it all had started when Vernon finally let the twins out. "Get the mail Dudley" Their uncle Vernon said.

"Make Harry get it"

"Get the mail, Harry."

"Make Dudley get it" Harry retorted.

Vernon looked at Harry in distain, furrowing his brows, "Dudley, poke him with your smelting stick". Since the boy was stupid and had bad sight, (apparently) he poked Y/n instead, who simply glared at him, holding back from throwing the hot oil to his cousin's face.

"You can't even hold it properly, so loose, its bound to drop.." The Potter grumbled, flipping the eggs. Dudley, who was about to snitch met sharp emerald green eyes, he immediately backed down, dropping the stick he had.

Harry to the mailbox, sifting through the letters as he usually does, only to find something for him and his twin brother. He walked to the kitchen, looking at the envelope curiously.

Unfortunately, before he can read it, Dudley (like the obnoxious child that he is) stole the letter, "Dad! Harry and Y/n got a letter!" He screamed as he snatched the envelope from Harry.

"Hey thats ours!" Harry yelled back, trying to get it back. Vernon laughed mockingly, "Who would want to write to them?"

His face fell when be saw who the letters were adressed to. His face filled with horror. "P-P-Petunia!!" He called, putting the letter up high as Dudley tried to reach it.

His wife rushed to him, holding the letter in her hand and reading it. "Vernon! Oh my god VERNON!" She yelled, panicked. They seemed to have forgotten the three young boys were with them.

Dudley, not used to being ignored sharply tapped his father's shoulder with the smelting stick. "I want to read it!"

"Let me read the letter, let us read the letter" Harry said, clenching his fists. "As it is ours". Y/n glanced towards Harry, before turning off the stove, silently walking towards the two adults.

Before Y/n could see anything, Vernon stuffed the letter back into the envelope. "Get out, the three of you"

"I WANT MY LETTER!" Harry yelled, furious. Vernon didn't budge however, he instead grabbed Harry by the collar and dragged him out, same with Dudley.

Y/n had less time than he had expected and tried to get the letter, only for Petunia's prying eyes to see him. "Out — you!" she yelled, pointing to the door, looking at him as if he was the most disgusting thing.

He stayed silent, glancing at the letter before walking out, knowing he didn't really have a choice in the matter.

At sunday, Vernon was confident enough to say that there will be no mail for the twins anymore, only to stand corrected by envelopes flying through the chimney.

Y/n watched, amused. "We must be celebrities" he joked, grabbing one of the letters. Vernon freaked out as he saw the young boy tear the envelope open.

He lunged forward, grabbing the paper and shooing away the children. "Daddy's gone mad, hasn't he?" Dudley said.

The black haired male looked down at the remaining piece of paper in his hand, "room sticks.. what the fuck are room sticks... are not allowed anddd it cuts off."

He sighed, crumpling the paper. "Just my luck." he grumbled. He soon then saw Harry and Dudley out of the room too, suprised and disheveled.

"You look like you've been attacked by envelopes, tragic, really." Said the black haired male, raising a brow at Dudley before pulling his twin away.

Y/n showed his the torn piece of paper. "Room sticks Harry, as far as I can remember and judging from the convenient hole over there, theres one more letter."

"..Broom sticks?" Harry suggested, to which Y/n nodded, closing one of his eyes, "Well yeah, maybe but.. why are they not allowed?"

Vernon began to order them around, telling them to pack their things as they were leaving. "How convenient, a distraction."

And soon enough they hopped into the car, never to turn back. Dudley had started to complain, not used to having an empty stomach for a whole day.

During the trip, Vernon would suddenly detour to the opposite direction of where they were going, muttering a "they can't follow us"

It seemed to go on forever, but they arrived at a small shack like building. Dudley slept on the couch while the twins laid on the floor, infront of the fireplace. Y/n didn't mind that it was uncomfortable, but the letter did bother him, causing him to be unable to sleep, taking the whole night to think about it.

The next day they ate canned tomatoes and some oats, Vernon and Petunia arguing about coming back home whilst Dudley insisted that he should know what's going on. Harry was confused, however he couldn't talk to his twin brother, why?

His twin has been sitting infront of the fireplace since night, a small apple he brought before the trip in his hand, tossing it around ever so often.

It was one of Y/n's odd quirks, often not talking for extended periods of time when he's deep in thought or searching for possible answers to questions he had.

"..Context, context, context, CONTEXT" Y/n chanted in his brain, tossing the apple back in the air air as his stare on the ground got even more intense. If the floor can feel, it would feel like the boy was undressing it, basically eye fucking with him.

His thoughts were cut off by the mail man, who basically delievered another letter. Harry and Y/n made eye contact, before they watched their uncle take the letter and tear it in half, angrily throwing it to the ground.

Y/n stood up and picked the half that wasn't in his uncle's hand. Reading it in the open, which was stupid but he had to do it fast.

"Books.. More books.. A cauldron? Why would they send us something abou-"

"You rat! Give that here right now!" Vernon exclaimed, snatching the piece away from the raven haired boy. "Can't you see that I was reading? Give it back you-"

Harry placed a hand on his shoulder, shaking his head, as if to say it wasn't worth it. Y/n huffed, crossing his arms.

Soon enough, night came. Harry drew a cake from the dust and wished the two of them a happy birthday.

But once Dudley's watch struck 12, something unexpected happened...

.
.
.

B A N G.

"Where.. Where are the cannons?" Dudley stupidly said, waking up.

"...Hope they turn you into the cannon ball."