The Mass Grave (Allonia)

September 9th, 2027
"Time for recess kids." My teacher told us, as my classmates began to run out of the room and outside. I just stayed in my seat and took out my notebook and began to do my homework for tonight.
"Allonia? You should be outside." She told me calmly. I don't know why she always says that we go through this everyday and it lasts the whole recess time.
"I want to get work done." I simply respond and proceed to get my math work done.
"I know but you should be with the other kids." She tells me as she sits next to me. "You know, make some new friends?"
"We both know that is not happening." I tell her. I took out my watermelon gummies out of my bookbag and proceeded to eat one.
"Why not though? The other kids are very nice, plus there have been a few that have tried to be your friend." I just shrug at her in response. I know kids have tried but I don't see the reason.
"Gummy?" I ask as I hand her the bag and she takes one.
"How do you always have these?"
"I only eat one here and there to save them. I know we can't always get them."
I watch as her eyes soften. I don't want anyone's pity or sympathy. I don't see the point when we are all going through this.
"Why don't we take this outside to get some fresh air at least?" She asked me.
"But you have lunch?" I say confused.
"I will take it outside but I do want to see you try and play with the other kids." She tells me and I just nod. I put my gummies in my bag and we both go outside.
When we first went outside we just sat out at the benches. I watched as my classmates ran around the playground without a care in the world. Some were playing tag while others were on the swings. It did bring a smile on my face, I won't lie about that but it was short lived when a child screamed. My teacher and I ran towards the scream. As did everyone else. When we finally reached the girl and found what she had screamed about we were all mortified. At the edge of the playground was a ditch. It was pretty deep but we were always told not to go near it. I guess Sarah didn't get the memo. We didn't understand why, we just knew to stay away but I guess we found out today. There were many dead bodies in the ditch. I guess this was where they were putting all the bodies of those who died by the hands of the officers and government in the area.
"Alright kids go inside and go to your seats. Hurry up." My teacher told us all but I couldn't move. It took my teacher grabbing my hand and running me to the classroom. I guess they really don't care about us.