Mag is the Chief's Daughter (Milo)

March 21, 2023

Chief Gam had called me in for some reason. She didn't explain she just sent one of her guards to come tell me that she needed to have a word with me. I was sitting outside of her door as I heard yelling.
"Mom I refuse to go!" I heard a familiar voice yell. I didn't know that Chief even had a child let alone a daughter.
"Mag... you are the only person I trust to go." Chief spoke calmly.
Mag lied?? She told us her family was gone. At least she made us all believe she had no family.
"So you can't claim me nor speak to me yet I can go on missions for you? An extremely dangerous one at that?" Mag snapped.
"You are the only one who can get in without being harmed."
"That is not my problem. He would still have me killed if he finds out." Who is he? I know eavesdropping is bad but I couldn't help it if they were both screaming. The voices calmed down only a few minutes before Mag stormed out ignoring me in the process.
"Come in Milo." Chief sighed out of frustration.
"You wanted to speak with me ma'am?" I asked as I walked in, stopping in front of her desk.
"I assume you heard what happened." She looked at me pointedly as I nodded in agreement. There was no point in lying, anyone in a five mile radius would have heard their argument. "Mag needs to go to a government base to go undercover for a while. I am entrusting you, Jacob and Raphael to escort her to make sure she makes it there safely."
"May I ask why we are taking her?"
"No you may not. She is under strict orders to keep this to herself as well, understood?" I just nod and then get dismissed.
When I made my way outside of the building I found Mag on the steps. "I know you heard." was all she said as I sat next to her.
"Why didn't you tell us?" I asked.
"You know how she is already. You listen or else, it's even worse for me." Mag had her head resting on her knees holding her body close to her.
"We wouldn't have said anything though."
"I just couldn't risk it." Mag pushed one of her dreadlocks behind her ear. I could tell that she had been crying but I didn't want to push it.
"When do we have to leave?" I asked, somewhat changing the topic.
"Tomorrow morning." She stated as she got up. "See you tomorrow."
She left immediately after that. This was the first time I ever saw Mag look defeated. I hoped what she had to do was quick but the back of my mind told me this wasn't just some short little mission.