The Mascarade (Allonia)

April 29th, 2035
"Lonia you look so pretty." My mom gasped as she looked at me. I had on a simple black dress with some lace on the exterior and a black mask.
"Thank you mom." I smile at her as I put my heels on.
"And you didn't want to go." Lenna and Alondra say in unison.
"I never want to go. Are you guys ready?" I ask as they both nod and we walk the short walk to the town hall where the masquerade was being held.
When we got in front of the building I froze for a moment. As scenes of what happened a few years ago went through my head.
"Come on. We are here with you." My sister smiled at me as her and Lenna both wrapped an arm around both of mine and we walked into the masquerade.
I wandered towards the snacks as my sister and Lenna began to talk to friends they had. I didn't mind it quite honestly, I needed my own time to adjust to the fact th I was back in here. I have come to terms with the fact that Quincy could be dead also that what happened wasn't my fault. However, I still felt odd being back here.
I guess I was too wrapped in my own bubble to realize that someone walked next to me. He wasn't exactly wearing the suits the guys were wearing but he was wearing a mask and at least a button up shirt.
"Odd attire for a masquerade." I giggle at him.
"My friend made me go last minute." He chuckled at me as he grabbed a cup of punch.
"Well at least you got the mask." I smiled at him.
"This was the best he was getting. I originally didn't want to come." He spoke honestly.
"I didn't want to come either. My friend Lenna drags me to these things. Mostly to get the stick out of my ass." I said jokingly, but it was laced with truth.
"That is usually what my friend Jake does to me."
We both stood there talking for a while. Talking about family, and friends. Honestly we just talked about anything that came to mind. Until two guys walked up and whispered something into his ear.
"Right now?" He asked them and they both nodded their heads seriously.
"What?" I asked.
"I have to go and you and your friends should leave as well." He told me.
"But why?" I asked, confused.
"Officers are coming and we shouldn't be here. Get your friend and sister and leave quickly." He told me as him and his friends began to rush out. I rushed to get my sister and Lenna. They both just nodded and we all rushed out. We got out and ran home quickly before any officers saw us leave.

"How did you know that the officers were coming?" Lenna asked as we all walked up into my room.
"A guy I was talking to told me." I tell her as I put my hair into a puff.
"What was his name?" She asked more worried about the fact that I was talking to a guy.
"I didn't get it. He just said he and his friends shouldn't have been here and left." I shrugged grabbing pajamas for me and a spare for Lenna to barrow. Since she wouldn't be able to go home now.
"Hmm that's odd." She shrugged, taking the clothes and leaving to the bathroom to change.
She wasn't wrong. It was odd, but refreshing to talk to someone and not have to worry about the outside world. Even if it was only for a few short moments. I smiled to myself before finally removing the dress and putting on my frog pajama pants and a black t shirt.