Chapter Fourteen

Third-Person POV

The path was long and narrow with tall grass surrounding on both sides. There was a dried-out dead tree that had to be over a hundred years old, its skeleton-like branches seemed like claws awaiting a victim to snatch. On one of the branches there was a raven watching them getting closer to the haunted mansion. The moon was vanishing thanks to the dark and thick clouds. As everybody got closer, an eerie mist started to appear.

A single butterfly landed on Jin's shoulder, but it was an obsidian-black one. Legends said if a black butterfly appears, it means someone is about to die soon.

“Umm, guys, we should get back…” Jin says quietly, his breaths uneven with the fear coursing his entire body. 

A raven passed close to the man in that moment, its long dark wings flapping swiftly, scaring him.

“AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!” he screeched loudly.

Namjoon held in a laugh out of sympathy. “Don't worry, they're always here,” he said calmly.

“Are you sure about that?!? I have never seen them before!!” Jin breathed fearfully.

Rexha gulped, getting closer to Yoongi, interlacing their hands tight. Hobi was constantly repeating "this is just a prank" so Sandra could calm down.

Jimin and Jungkook were behind and they wanted to turn back to the exit, but the idea of being a slave for a long time didn't let them run away, so they keep going.

Jin was begging desperately for everybody to return and forget about the dare, but they refused.

Tae was in another world, he was talking to his girl and making jokes, so he totally forgot where they are. RM was completely calm, nothing could scare this guy, or so he thought.

They made it to the front ancient-looking door full of dust and strips of it flutter in the light and chilly breeze. It was completely obvious nobody has lived here for a very long time.

“Sooooo, who's going to ring the bell?” Taehyung asked the others, glancing at them expectantly.

“Ring the bell?” Jungkook remarked incredulously, smirking at him. 

“Nah, it's clear nobody lives here from a very long time.” Namjoon murmured.

“Right, so we just leave…there's nothing to see in here.” Jin mentions quickly, hopeful that they can home. He spins around, but Namjoon clutched his sweater and hauled Jin back towards him.

“Not so fast. We just got here.”

“Yeah, but the mansion could be empty.” Yoongi pointed out.

“Exactly. So there's no need for us girls to be here. You guys can go ahead.” Sandra said with a coy smile.

“You wanna leave me?” Hoseok gasps in disbelief.

“Well, the dare was originally for you guys only. If Yoongi is right, then there's no point for us three to be here.” Rexha murmurs.

He stares at her a second before he responds. “Mmmmm, I don't think so.” He tightened the hold on her hand so she could not escape. If she got them into this whole situation, then she is going to stick around until it finishes.

Something began to sound behind everyone. They immediately turn around, but couldn't see what was the source of the noise. 

“U-ummm…what was that?” Jimin stammered, a shiver coursed through him that didn’t have to do with the already frosty air. He instantly locks Jungkook’s arm, seconds from freaking out.