five

Why is he staring at me so coldly? Did I do anything wrong?

Haerim was in a meeting, noticing that a particular guy was staring her down. She learned later that his name was Doyoung.

Taeyong mostly went on about business ethics and modeling gigs that everyone had. Not everyone was a model though since some of the members like Taeil and Jungwoo took in manager jobs, fully.

The meeting had ended after two hours, Taeyong had listed the gigs where Minseo and Doyoung would be modeling for a clothing brand under Jungwoo. Johnny Jaehyun and Mark would be advertising suits under Taeil. While Haechan had go to Busan for a gig with Dream by himself with the Dream manager there.

Haerim wasn't surprised that her and Jaeah didn't get any gigs since she was new, well she was a bit shocked for Jaeah.

Haerim walked up to the door, meeting with Doyoung who just had a stoic face with her.

"Oh sorry, I'm in your way. You can go ahead first." Haerim gestured Doyoung to pass through the door first.

"Thanks." Doyoung walked pass the door, not sparing another glance.

I wonder what his issue is...

Haerim was called by Taeyong, walking up to him as he had a smile on his face.

"Haerim, I just wanted to let you know that you'll be going with Jungwoo, Minseo, and Doyoung to the studio in a few days for the modeling gig. I realized I haven't added you to our list and I'm so sorry about that." Taeyong felt really apologetic to the girl. "Is that okay with you that I set you up with them? I'll let them now."

Haerim smiled. "That's totally fine Taeyong. And no need to apologize, it's only my second day."

"Thank you so much for understanding!" Taeyong wiped the sweat off his forehead.

-

"Heard the new girl is coming with you guys." Johnny walked into Doyoung's office.

"She has a name, you know." Doyoung replied with no emotion, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah yeah, but Minseo's going to be there too." Johnny commented, crossing his legs and slouching against the chair.

"Don't mention her." Doyoung was replying to an email, typing on his computer. "I don't want to associate with Minseo unless if it's for work purposes."

"Suit yourself, but at least get to know Haerim. She's actually pretty cool dude." Johnny walked up to pat Doyoung on the shoulder.

"Yeah whatever hyung. Take your leave." Doyoung replied to Johnny as he felt the door close, knowing he left Doyoung's office.

After Doyoung finished his work for the day, he packed his belongings, ready to go home. He went down to the first floor where he was met by Mark.

"Hey Mark, who are you waiting for?" Doyoung approached the younger one.

"Waiting for my cousin, Haerim. She said she's finishing up some work and she'll be down. She can't drive in Korea and we live in the same apartment complex. It's pretty convenient." Mark replied to Doyoung.

"Oh cool! How do you think she likes Seoul 127 so far?" Doyoung threw another question.

"She definitely likes it than her old job back in New York." Mark told him. "Have you gotten a chance to talk to her yet?"

"Just small gestures and such but not a conversation." Doyoung recalled their meeting earlier today.

"Oh, well she's a pretty bright person, super cool and tends to go along with whatever happens. Kinda like me laugh everything off." Mark replied as he saw Haerim came up to the two. "That's my cue, I'll see you later hyung."

"See you tomorrow." Doyoung watched as Haerim and Mark left the building together. He also noticed that Haerim turned around to politely say bye to him in which he returned with a little wave.

-

"Is Doyoung a complicated person?" Haerim blurred out while they were having dinner at Mark's apartment.

"Uh...not really..." Mark tried to divert the situation, knowing his complications with Minseo. "What makes you think that?"

"I don't know he just looks stoned." Haerim bluntly spoke while Mark choked on his food.

"Oh my gosh Haerim. That's not the right word to describe him as." Mark exclaimed, covering his mouth.

"Then what?" Haerim sarcastically rolled her eyes, taking a bite of food from her fork.

"He's just..." Mark didn't want to explain Doyoung's personal life towards Haerim. "He takes a while to open up, that's all."

"Sounds like a him problem." Haerim shrugged her shoulders.

"You have that problem too. And who are you learning your savagery from?" Mark cocked his eyes brows.

"Lily and Noah. Now let's play PUBG, I'm trying to get some wins." Haerim finished her plate of food.

"I got you!" Mark called out, with Haerim knowing he sucks at PUBG. Haerim would still play games with Mark. After all Mark is her cousin.

-

The next day Haerim and Mark arrived to work, usually parting their separate ways. Haerim decided this morning to get some coffee at the coffee stand they had at work.

While Haerim was waiting for the water to boil in the coffee machine, she was met with a peculiar man, Doyoung.

"Hey." Haerim spoke up, gaining Doyoung's attention.

"Hey." Doyoung looked at her seeing her usual expression.

"Morning coffee?" Haerim tried starting a small conversation, seeing that Doyoung might not be interested.

"Yeah, didn't sleep too well last night." Doyoung saw the coffee maker stop boiling as he and Haerim poured their own coffee cups. "You?"

"Just felt like it." Haerim threw away the sugar and creamer packet. "See ya around."

Haerim turned around, walking towards the hallway to her office. Doyoung tilted his head with her monotonous expression, confused with her duality.

Didn't Mark say that Haerim was a pretty bright person?

-

"You have a what now?" Haerim was shocked at Jaeah's confession as the girl was placing her hand over her heart. "I hope it's worth texting me to take a hike to your office."

Haerim and Jaeah were talking in Jaeah's office when Jaeah texted Haerim to come to her office as soon as possible.

"I have a crush and it's someone in Seoul 127." Jaeah took a deep breath and confessed to Haerim who had her mouth wide open.

"And you won't tell me who it is? Then what was the point of calling me here?" Haerim mentally scoffed at the girl's antics, not that she hated it but it was oddly funny.

"I'll tell you when it's time." Jaeah winked at Haerim making Haerim gag air to Jaeah's flirtatious remarks. "But one thing for sure is that he's older than you."

"Great, that only eliminates Mark and Haechan unless you're interested in Mark since he's exactly a month older than me." Haerim was making hand gestures.

"Ew, I would never like Mark Lee. He's too quirky and he also can't cook eggs." Jaeah roasted Mark with both of the girls bursted out laughing.

"Good to know that we're on the same page." Haerim high-fived Jaeah as they continued to make random jokes, later going back to their office work.

-

If u guys are like super confused on Haerim's personality. She's bright only with ppl she's close to but everyone else she's acts professional.

Rewritten: February 24, 2022