ten

Haerim had woken up the next morning, realizing that there was an arm placed around her waist. She rubbed her eyes with her hands, clearing her vision and seeing that Doyoung was still sleeping soundly.

She recalled last night's event, embarrassed at her vulnerability towards Doyoung, but at the same time, she was happy that he was there for her when she was having the biggest break down.

A couple of minutes later, Doyoung's eyes started to flutter open, releasing his grip from the girl's waist and with his morning voice, he groaned. "Sleep well?"

Haerim nodded with a hum and smiled at him, getting out of the bed to get ready for the morning, same with Doyoung as if last night didn't happen.

Breakfast was normal and now Doyoung and Haerim were in Doyoung's car with the man driving her home. He broke the silence as Haerim's nightmare was itching on his mind.

"Hey." Doyoung called out, eyes still on the road.

"Do you need something?" Haerim turned her eyes from the window towards him as she noticed his adam's apple bobbing, making her swallow her spit in nervousness.

"Do you want to talk about last night?" Doyoung calmly asked the girl.

"I had a nightmare." Haerim interlocked her fingers together. "It was just mostly about my ex-boyfriend being a jerk and harassing me. We didn't have a good relationship and he cheated on me, but later I found out what type of a person he was after my best friend Lily told me what had happened to her. He just wants me as an object."

Doyoung listened attentively to Haerim's story, a bit pissed on what type her ex-boyfriend would be.

"At least you're here in Korea and he's nowhere to be seen. If you feel uncomfortable, let me know." Doyoung suggested towards Haerim, making her smiled.

"Thanks Doyoung." Haerim thanked him as they continued on with the car ride.

Silence filled the air again until Haerim decided to break the silence, out of boredom for a question that she asks around.

"Hey Doyoung, do you believe in love?" Haerim brought it up.

Doyoung took a deep breath. "Yeah I do why?"

"Just wondering." Haerim told him.

"I don't think you're wondering if you suddenly brought up the question and changing the topic." Doyoung responded abruptly.

"Well then." Haerim paused for a second, preparing her next words. "What happens if someone told you they didn't believe in love and it was the girl you like."

Doyoung had thought about it for a second, recalling how Minseo lead him on, but later he realized it wasn't true love from her, but if he knew someone was broken, his approach would be different.

"Honestly, if the girl of my interest had said that to me, I'd make sure to change her mind and dedicate myself as much as I could, to mend her broken heart." Doyoung firmly responded as he pulled up to Haerim's apartment complex. "What about you?"

Haerim hesitated not expecting the question to come back to her as her response came off as unsure. "Honestly, Doyoung. I don't really know, but it's something for me to think about. Thank you for the ride and everything else this weekend. I'll see you at work tomorrow."

Haerim opened the door to the passenger seat, gathering her belongings. As she walked into the apartment, Doyoung had already driven off. Getting to know Doyoung over the weekend was great for her, knowing that he had a soft side.

Smiling and remembering the events from the past weekend, she entered her apartment complex, now heading the stairs to her apartment, everything looking like normal as if a crime didn't happen within the past two days.

Once Haerim reached her apartment, she smelled the air that felt like home, now unpacking her stuff. She looked in the mirror in her room, realizing that she was wearing Doyoung's clothes.

I'll give my clothes back to him when I finish cleaning them.

She changed out of his clothes, now into her comfortable clothing as she used the day to spend to herself.

-

Doyoung had Haerim on his mind when he was back at home, figuring out the pieces of the girl. She had a cold apporach from the outside, but knowing her past with her ex may have caused her to become cold-hearted from the relationship.

"Honestly, Doyoung. I don't really know, but it's something for me to think about."

Trying to depict her words and the meaning behind it, there was only one conclusion.

Haerim didn't believe in love.

And to be honest Doyoung didn't know whether or not he had taken an interest in Haerim, with her remarks at the photoshoot, her duality, but something about her just intrigued him.

-

Haerim was at work the next day, having lunch with Jaehyun and Jungwoo in which she promised the two of them the other day. After her weekend even with Doyoung, her bright personality came out more as she was laughing at their antics.

"Hi! Hello! Annyeong!" Jungwoo abruptly spoke in a tone, making the two of them laugh. "Do you want to know how Jaehyun hyung laughs?"

Haerim nodded, preparing for his silliness as Jungwoo started tucking in his abs, letting out a laugh that was like a dad. Jaehyun and Haerim continued on laughing.

Their lunch has came to an end, parting their own ways. Haerim was walking as she passed by Minseo who was walking in the opposite direction from her. As a coworker, Haerim wanted to say hi.

"Hey Minseo." Haerim waved with a smile and Minseo stood there giving Haerim a disgusted look, scoffing and walking away in the same direction.

Did I do something wrong?

"Don't mind her." Jaehyun placed his arms on Minseo's shoulder. "I'm not very fond of her either."

"You're not?" Haerim tilted her head.

"You don't know?" Jaehyun questioned Haerim as they stood alone in the hallways of the office building.

"No?" Haerim was confused as to what Jaehyun was portraying.

"Doyoung and Minseo were a thing but the girl led him on. He doesn't associate with her anymore unless it's work related, but he's still hurt by it. Minseo, I'm not a fan of her personality, but she does her job. She also just gives me an attitude, not sure why. Everyone is mostly cool with her though." Jaehyun took another look at Haerim. "I don't know why she's not cool with you though."

Haerim recalled the moment where the photographer switched Minseo with her for the TopNotch clothing brand. "She seemed pretty mad when the pictures with Doyoung and I were going to be published and not her shots with him."

Jaehyun covered his mouth. "Shocker." He patted on Haerim's shoulder. "I'm sure you did better than her anyways regardless. She wasn't that good of a model to begin with."

Haerim was astonished by Jaehyun's comments and as she was about to reply to him, he simply walked away.

"Catch you later, Haerim." Jaehyun was now nowhere to be in her sight.

Haerim was watching Jaeah from a far, seeing that she was having a conversation with Jungwoo, smiling at him as they had their small talks before going back to work.

She then had a lightbulb moment recalling that Jaeah had a crush and Jungwoo smiling down on his phone the other day.

Is Jaeah and Jungwoo a thing?

-

this was p obviously wbk

Rewritten: February 27, 2022