nineteen

Crying, weeping, and sniffling were all the noises heard at the funeral for Hannah Lee/Lee Haeyoung as the ending remarks were already made, burying the young girl's body. Everyone had their chances at placing their flowers and leaving, so did Haerim and Doyoung.

Knowing that they had a flight tomorrow, the couple had to get home early in order to prepare for the flight. Haerim was trading a conversation with each and every person she has known, except for Mark and her mother.

"I'm glad that you were able to come." Mr. Lee kissed his daughter's forehead. "Remember to keep your head up and move on. Do it for your sister."

Her father's words touched her heart, giving him a tight hug. "Thank you Appa. I love you."

"I love you too. Now go to that boy of yours." Mr. Lee teased as Haerim pouted.

"Appa!"

Right when Haerim was about to leave the funeral, she felt someone placing a hand on her shoulder after bidding goodbye to Noah, finding out that it was Doyoung.

"Are you going to say anything to your mother? At least a 'Goodbye I'm going to fly back tomorrow?'" Doyoung came closer towards his girlfriend, wondering. He wasn't the type to interfere with their relationship, but also he wasn't the one to disrespect adults. Knowing Haerim and her mother's situation, it was just all a misunderstanding.

Haerim stood in front of him for a second, looking down on the ground as she stopped having tears about her sister's death, blaming herself for her accountability of being there for her yet her sister had been there for her every time. Even though her father said it was not her fault, a hint of it felt like her mother was right.

Haerim nodded left and right, not being able to contain eye contact with her boyfriend. "I don't think she would appreciate seeing me and I don't want to cause a scene if I show up in her face."

"You don't want to speak with her, do you?" Doyoung asked again as Haerim nodded, indicating she wasn't really feeling it.

Doyoung heart shattered quite a bit, realizing how sad she was, and held her hand. rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb. "If that's what you want, we can leave."

Haerim and Doyoung left the funeral with empty minds but with a softer heart.

-

Haerim and Doyoung had just walked out of a famous steak restaurant in New York and now strolling through the streets with the busting of people around. They even stopped by a merchandise store to buy New York keychains for the members of Seoul 127.

The couple was in hand in hand smiling, looking at the billboards and strolling around the city.

"Isn't this technically our first date?" Haerim turned to Doyoung who were still swinging their hands together.

"Second, but we don't need to call that one a date if you want." Doyoung reminded her about the Nature Republic banquet they had back in South Korea for NCT Dream.

Haerim placed her finger on her chin, humming. "Well, I think it's our first date because you asked me this afternoon and we're spending time with just the two of us." Haerim let out a small giggle, unable to control her happiness at the moment.

"Then today will mark our first date." Doyoung used his index finger to boop her nose.

Haerim and Doyoung came to a hot dog food stand, with the girl fighting to pay but she had lost to Doyoung who took his card out of his pocket while the girl had to search through her wallet for it. Now they were eating hot dogs are they continued to stroll around the streets.

"Thankfully it's not too cold right now." Haerim took a bite out of her hot dog as Doyoung did the same. "Usually, I would be freezing or trying to stay inside since New York doesn't have a long summer season."

"Korea is pretty cold too in the Winter," Doyoung added a comment, eventually finishing his hot dog first and throwing it in the trash nearby.

"At least you guys have a summer season where you guys can go swimming at the pool and the beach! Korea also has Jeju Island!" Haerim exclaimed her point towards Doyoung, now finishing her hot dog and now throwing it away.

"New York doesn't have that?" Doyoung was shocked to hear Haerim's words.

"No!" Haerim spoke defensively which Doyoung found cute, messing with her hair and placing a peck on her lips.

"Okay okay. I heard you." Doyoung's words made Haerim blush as she held her hand tighter, taking a quick peck on the cheek.

"You're the best boyfriend I could ask for." Haerim cooed making Doyoung's cheeks red, but she couldn't tell since the weather was quite chilly.

"I could say the same for you," Doyoung responded back.

Since Haerim and Doyoung were walking through a lot of people at the same time, Haerim bumped shoulders with someone, turning around to apologize until her face darkened, standing to the side to not be in the middle of the walkway.

"Well well well look who it is. Haley Lee." Nick smirked with Haerim crossing her arms, wanting to do all the terrible things at his face right now.

Doyoung was quite confused and he figured who the guy ways as Haerim was looking extremely pissed.

"What do you want, Nick Kim?" Haerim impatiently asked the boy. "I don't have all day to talk to you, I have a date."

"I can see that." Nick was smirking at Doyoung. "You and your choice in Koreans."

"Is there a problem?" Doyoung spoke in Korean, making Nick widen his eyes.

"Oh, so you pick up someone from Korea. I guess that's where you were the entire time. I was looking for you."

"What about it? Do you have a problem with my choice? You don't need to know where I am because we aren't together anymore. And what you did do to Lily? Unforgivable." Haerim raised her hand to slap Nick's face. "And that's a sign that I will never see you again."

Haerim latched her arms with Doyoung, turning and walking away as fast as possible before Nick can catch up to her. Haerim's temper was pretty low, but Doyoung was calm. He was proud that Haerim was able to handle a situation and could never be happier.

"I'm proud of you Haerim." Doyoung kissed her forehead, with Haerim leaning into his touches, calming all her nerves down. "I think he deserved that."

"Oh, he definitely did. I hope it leaves the biggest bruise in his life."

-

Mark and Minhyuk were looking at the photo albums that were hung up with Hannah and her husband David, some with Haerim, and a few ones a long time ago that also included Mark and Minhyuk.

The three distant cousins had spent some time together during the day as their flight with Doyoung and Haerim was tomorrow morning. They talked about all the good things about Hannah instead of the bad ones.

"She was always the bright one in the family, but when we tease and joke around with her, she doesn't take it too seriously."

"Haley was the cry baby while she was the strong one."

"She was really good at soccer and basketball back in the day."

More words about Hannah came through as everyone lit their moods in David's apartment. Later Minhyuk had left to get ready for bed while Mark was contemplating on the couch. David was concerned for his cousin, looking all gloomy, and sat down next to him.

"What's the matter young bud?" David asked Mark who leaned against his chair.

"Do you think I should apologize to Haley?" Mark confessed, knowing that David would know Haerim by Haley.

Mark explained the situation to David with David giving it some thought as he knew it was complicated too.

"Honestly Mark, I think you should do what is right."

-

What Mark Lee gonna do?

Anyways how are you guys? I feel like I'm talking to myself

Rewritten: March 5, 2022