seven

"So where are we going?" Haerim asked while sitting in Doyoung's car as Doyoung being the driver.

"Dinner of course." Doyoung perked her expression towards her. "Something wrong?"

"I thought we were going to your place. Didn't expect to have plans." Haerim responded lowly, looking out the car window.

"Might as well be nice and tour you out for a bit more." Doyoung commented. "Maybe there are places you haven't been yet."

Haerim acknowledged his comment, nodding along. "You're right."

Doyoung and Haerim arrived at the Korean BBQ restaurant. They ate all types of meat, veggies, and side dishes and having a fruitful conversation with one another. Doyoung's favorite color was blue like Haerim's. Doyoung liked Spring and Haerim liked Fall. Haerim's hobbies were playing games and listening to music. Doyoung's hobbies were watching Kdramas and sleeping. Both of them learned that they were homebodies and only went out when they were invited to which was very frequent.

After the small talks, Haerim and Doyoung didn't speak much as dinner was about to come to conclusion. She noticed their waiter had given them the bill, reaching out for her card from her wallet.

But then once Haerim found her card, she saw Doyoung giving his card to the waiter, with him leaving it.

"I was going to pay for myself." Haerim spoke in a slightly pissed tone, not because she was mad, but she felt bad. "Why did you have to pay?"

"Are you mad?" Doyoung noticed her expression.

"No, I just..." Haerim took a deep breath, not wanting to ruin the mood. "Didn't expect you to pay for dinner. That's all. Thank you for paying."

Doyoung saw what type of person she was, not taking things for granted but today, he just wanted to be nice. "You're welcome."

-

After the dinner, Haerim and Doyoung went to a Korean street market where there were shops of food stands, clothing stores, merchandises and many more.

Haerim needed new shirts, picking them out without even trying on since she was 100% confident that it was her size.

Doyoung mostly followed her around, walking along as he didn't need anything in particular and observed the girl. They didn't talk much throughout their night but had small gestures here and there.

After Haerim paid for her clothes, she had her shopping back and walked outside with Doyoung.

"Are you not buying anything?" Haerim turned to Doyoung asking him who had his regular emotion. She felt bad that he was following her around the entire night.

"I don't particularly need anything from here. I usually shop on my own time." Doyoung calmly responded.

"Oh I see." Haerim nodded, turning back to the direction where they were walking with the various amount of people walking too.

Doyoung and Haerim went to a nearby ice cream shop, picking the cup option along with their ice cream flavor. Haerim insisted on paying because Doyoung paid for her dinner, it was the right thing to do so.

Turns out they picked the same flavor, orange sherbet.

"Wait..." Haerim had a moment of realization. "Were you the one that bumped into me the other day at the convenient store?"

Doyoung turned to the girl, internally having tingling feels across his body as he recalled their last event.

"Yeah." Doyoung simply responded as Haerim simply responded oh.