Fireworks and Kisses

We made it back to California two days ago and I already missed Paris

We made it back to California two days ago and I already missed Paris. On the bright side, today was the fourth of July. I was surprised when Satoni mentioned having a party at his place. He didn't strike me as the type to entertain people but he reassured me that it would be small. It wasn't going to be a lot of people just some old friends. I was excited about being able to get dressed up but I was also excited because my brother was coming today. I was finally going to be able to see him after being away from him for a month. I couldn't believe that it had been a month already. I was sitting down in the living room waiting on him to walk in any minute. Satoni was sitting across from me with his phone in his hand. He told me that we would be leaving to go to Italy in the morning. I wasn't excited about it though because I would be alone with him. Since we've been here in California, he hasn't spoken much to me. He has spent the last two nights away from the house. My mind couldn't help but think about the girl Riley that Kari mentioned. Could he be spending time with her? Is that why he kept denying me sex? It didn't make sense but I didn't know why I cared anyway. When these six months were over, I would go back home. I looked down at my phone in my lap waiting for Roman to text me. He told me that he would be here in five minutes but it felt like forever.

"Athena."

The sound of his voice made my eyes widen; he was here. I looked up and smiled at my brother. He hadn't changed at all in the last month. Tears came to my eyes and I ran into his arms without a second thought. He caught me and embraced me tightly. I missed him so much and I didn't think that we would see each other. After I woke up here, the first person I thought about was him. I knew that he would be worried sick about me. I wanted him to know that I was okay and unharmed. Satoni was an asshole but he was taking good care of me so far.

Satoni stood up and smiled at him. "I kept my promise, she is safe."

My brother nodded his head, "thank you. I can't repay you for what you're doing."

Satoni smirked, "no need. I'll leave you two alone to talk."

He left the room without saying another word. I walked over to the couch and took a seat and my brother followed. I wanted to catch up with him and ask about everyone but I wanted to know what was going on. He said that he would repay Satoni for keeping me safe, but keeping me safe from what?

I frowned and looked at him, "what is going on?"

"What do you mean?"

I rolled my eyes, "don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. Why did you say that you would repay Satoni for keeping me safe? What is going on?"

He raised an eyebrow, "he hasn't told you?"

I shook my head, "no. he wouldn't tell me anything and it seems that others are not allowed to either."

He sighed, "Satoni has a reason and he will tell you when it is the right time. For now, just stay by his side and trust in him."

"How can I trust someone I don't know. How can I trust a man who won't tell me anything?"