Secrets

It's been five days since I've been back on my feet

It's been five days since I've been back on my feet. I healed up nicely and I felt better as each day passed. Satoni hasn't been around much since the incident that happened at the hospital. My brother has been spending as much time with me as he can. I was happy to have movie nights and lunch dates again. When we lived together, I barely saw him. Kari paused on her wedding plans to help me recover and Giovanni understood completely. Overall, life was looking up again. I had a long talk with my brother last night about where I wanted to go from here. I told him that I wanted to go back to New York and go to college. I missed my dance crew and I missed New York. California was fun and exciting but it was nothing like home. It didn't even snow here, can you believe it? Vain tries to get alone time with me but every time he tries, Satoni will pop up and take him away from me. I didn't understand what was going on with those two. I stared at myself in the mirror and smiled. Tonight, I was going out to dinner with Vain. He told me that I couldn't tell anyone, especially not Satoni. So, I told Kari to pretend that I was hanging out with her. That way I could focus on Vain tonight. I was eager to talk to him and see what was on his mind. He has been acting so different lately so I was excited but nervous. I hoped that he didn't try to be with me because that's not what I want. I grabbed my purse and walked out of my bedroom quickly. I didn't want to be late and keep him waiting.

"You look beautiful."

I turned to face Satoni and smiled, "thank you. How are you?"

He shrugged, "I'm okay. What about you?"

I looked down at my feet, "I'm doing better. I'm starting to get back to doing the things that I love."

"Are you happy that you're going back home?"

I looked up at him slowly, "yeah. I miss New York and I miss my friends. It's time for me to go back home. Besides, my brother is a wreck without me."

He stepped towards me slowly, "baby girl...why are you doing this to me?" He grabbed my hand pulling me towards his body.

I shook my head, "don't act that way. Not when I know the truth. You act like I don't smell the Dolce and Gabbana perfume on you whenever you walk past me. You act like I don't see and hear Riley leaving your bedroom early in the morning before I wake up. You haven't been around and that's fine. I'm not upset about you having sex with someone else. I'm not giving it to you and you have needs but don't act like you love me. A man who loves me wouldn't run to the next girl when I won't open my legs to him. Now, if you will excuse me." I tried to step past him but he blocked my way. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Are you going back to him? That's the only thing that makes sense to me. You loved me and now that he is back, you want nothing to do with me."

"No, this has nothing to do with Vain. You need to stop making this about him. If I wanted to be with him, I would. I'm going back home for myself, not for anyone else. This is why I don't want you or him. You don't know when to stop. I don't want this and you need to respect my decision." I tried to step past him again but he grabbed my arm.