Where are you?

I've been sitting in the house for the past few hours and I haven't heard any noise

I've been sitting in the house for the past few hours and I haven't heard any noise. It's been very quiet and I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. I wanted to try to escape but I didn't know if I would get away or not. I knew that sitting around here would end badly for me and so I decided while I was sitting here that I was going to escape. I was scared but I had to put my fear in the back of my mind and focus on surviving. I took a deep breath and climbed out of the bed quickly. Usually, they would lock my bedroom door but today it was unlocked. I placed my hand on the doorknob and closed my eyes. I could do this, I told myself before pulling the door open. I looked both ways to make sure that I didn't see anyone. I remember seeing the front door last night because I managed to run into the living room. The place didn't seem that big, which was great for me. I didn't know if I was in a mansion at first so it helped me plan my escape knowing that the place was small. I crept into the living room and licked my lips slowly. I was careful walking around the empty beer cans on the floor. I didn't want to step on one or kick one. I could feel my heart beating roughly in my chest. My mind was running a mile a minute but I tried my best to remain focused. I grabbed the doorknob on the front door and slowly pulled the door open. To my surprise, it didn't creak or make any noise. The place was nice but they ruined it with all their junk. I stepped outside and closed the front door behind me. The sun was shining brightly despite it being November. I frowned and walked down the steps slowly.

"I'm still in Bora Bora," I whispered looking down at my sand-covered feet.

I looked up and I felt my heart stop. There was no land around me for miles. The only thing that surrounded me was water, sand, and trees in the back of the house. I ran my fingers through my hair slowly. This couldn't be happening; I was on an island. I walked over to the shore and stared out at the ocean.

The only way that I would be able to get back to the resort was by boat

The only way that I would be able to get back to the resort was by boat. I looked around but I didn't see one in sight. They must be gone with the only boat that they kept here. I kept telling myself to calm down and think. Maybe there was another way out. Maybe I could swim the distance. I rolled my eyes and mentally slapped myself. That wouldn't work, an ocean creature would get me first. I bit my lip and walked around to the back of the house to see if I could find anything that might help me. There had to be something here that could act as a boat and help me get away. I didn't know much about sailing but I would learn as I went. As I walked around the side of the house, I could hear a girl moaning. I frowned and walked towards the window slowly. I could hear the girl giggling and screaming Calvino's name. I covered my mouth quickly. Damn, he was here. But lucky for me, he was busy right now. I had to act fast because as soon as he found his release, he would come looking for me. I ran around to the back of the house looking for something to help me. There was a pathway that led into the woods but I didn't think that would be a good idea. I didn't know anything about this island and I didn't want to get lost. The only thing in the backyard was a deflated floaty, a wooden bat, a gas can, and a broken bedroom door. I walked over to the door and tried to lift it but it was too heavy. There was a chance that the door would float and I could float on it but how would I make it go? I didn't have any paddles. I shook my head and tried to lift the door again. I couldn't stand here thinking about what if it worked or it didn't. I needed to act fast because my time was running out. I pulled with all the strength in my body until the door lifted off of the house. I grabbed the sides and started to pull it around to the front of the house quickly.