Cat in the Canopy

"Cat in the Canopy

"How do you know that guy?" asked Jonathan as he panted, out of breath, behind me.
"I don't," I said. "He just started talking to me."
"I'd hit it," said Jonathan. I looked over at him and rolled my eyes. "What? He's cute!"
When the night was over after last call, we walked out of bar and Jonathan had two guys hanging on his shoulders. All of them looked completely drunk."
"I am... goin'... home with them..." slurred Jonathan.
"Alright, be safe," I said. The three of them stumbled and walked around the corner.
I turned the opposite direction and headed home. When I walked across the busiest street on my route, I turned the corner toward some tall trees on both sides of the road. The path was dark here as the canopy of trees blocked the streetlights and the moon out. Suddenly, I heard something swishing in the trees above my head. It sounded heavy yet nimble. I began to walk faster and then I heard the rustling move quicker overhead. I stopped in my tracks."
"How much have I had to drink," I asked myself as I began grabbing my head. All of a sudden, something fell out of the trees and dropped onto the pavement a few houses in front of me. The shadow seemed to change from one shape to another until I saw the figure of a man striding toward me.
"Hello?" I asked.
"Hello," responded the figure. Its voice sounded familiar.
"Were you just... in the trees?" I asked in confusion.
The figure came closer and closer until a break of moonlight showed through and I saw that it was Mark. He was walking completely naked toward me."
"Mark?" I asked. "Are you okay?" I started to worry that maybe he was high on something.
"I'm perfectly fine, Justin," said Mark as he approached me.
"Why aren't you wearing any-" I began asking until his mouth covered mine. I felt Mark's tongue dance inside of my mouth. It was like nothing I had ever felt before, both nimble and powerful.
"God," gasped Mark pulling away from my mouth. "You taste fucking delicious."
"Thanks..." I didn't know what to say. All of this was too strange and confusing.
"It's a shame you smell like him," he said with a flat, dead tone."
"It's also too bad I have to tear you open"