Chapter 4

How could you have been so stupid? How had you not had this coming. Who took Shoto away that day? Endeavor. And what was his last name? Todoroki, How had you not put together this critical pieces of the puzzle. This whole time you were Miss Todoroki's student... yet never realizing. You could curse yourself for days after not connecting those dots. 

And now, here he was. The boy of your dreams you had had stuck in your head for years. If was almost hard to believe it was real. Part of you wanted this all to be another one of your crazy dreams, just to save the embarrassment for fantasizing a boy you barely knew. 

Did he even remember? Should you bring it up? Your whole body was frozen with a mixture of shock and butterflies. Your brain didn't know what decisions to make or what to think.

"Is there something wrong?"

Oh! He spoke again. What to do... What to do... You probably looked like a statue, frozen in a dumb position with the look of an idiot plastered on your face. Thankfully, your voice still worked and you didn't have the complete look of a weirdo, "Oh- I'm just surprised t-that's all."

"Sorry if I scared you," his voice came of nonchalant and cold. You weren't sure if you had scared him into acting that way or if that was just his personality. He didn't remember... He probably would've said something by now if he did. A lump in your throat formed and you didn't know why it made you want to cry. Maybe it was best just to forget about it. He's changed so much. A-And... a scar...?

"That's alright!" you laughed at your own embarrassment, brushing off the confusing thoughts your brain was having and trying to hide the pain in your chest.

"Nice to meet you..." Those words were so hard to choke out.

You somewhat regretted your decision to start over. You wondered what would have happened if you had come clean and told him about the memory the two of you shared.

Shoto nodded in response, not saying much. You watched as he took a plate of food beside you and left to the dining room. Just like that, you were by yourself and he was gone. You wanted to talk to him more, see how he was. He was so handsome now, just like your memory. You were overthinking that the two of you were anymore than strangers. It was like you had expected him to react more, but what could you anticipate when he barely knew you... yet somehow he was living in your head like a parasite.

You took the last of the food and went into the dining room after him. Miss Todoroki was helping arrange the food. 

"Thank you, Y/n," she said to you as she took the plates out of your hands. You smiled and nodded in response, "Of course."

Eventually everyone settled down at the table. You were thankful to be sitting across from Natsuo, instead of Shoto. If you sat across from him, you would probably never be able to look up from your plate. Although, you kept briefly glancing at him, hoping he wouldn't notice and think you were a creep. You still couldn't get over how he was sitting at the same table as you. The boy you had dreamed of every night.

"Y/n, you must've met Shoto in the kitchen," Miss Todoroki said. You nodded in response and the two of you locked eye contact for a second. Blush was all over your face, but Shoto was probably only confused at how weird you were being.

"This is Shoto, Y/m," Your mom was smiling. You could tell what was on her mind. Your mom had a great memory. There was no doubt she had forgotten that winter day years ago. With everything you had, you hoped she wouldn't bring it up. 

"Nice to meet you, Shoto," she smiled. You let out a breath of relief. If she had said something revealing we knew him, it would be so embarrassing.