Chapter 16

Dinner had turned into comfort as everyone moved to the couch. Miss Todoroki had brought out the wine while your mom brought your cookies and a pie. You sat beside Shoto on the carpet, eating a cookie he had decorated himself while he ate one you had made. It was nice feeling his lively during Christmas Eve. It seemed so much quieter when you usually just spent it with you mom. 

Now, your cheeks were flushed and a smile seemed to be plastered on your face. It was hard to describe the joy you felt in this moment. Not only for yourself but for your mom as well. Watching her laugh and smile meant so much to you. She needed a break like this.

"Should we open presents?" Natsuo asked, kneeling down by the tree.

Your mom leaned forward on the couch, holding a glass of red wine, "Yes, definitely!"

"Dad, I think you should open yours first. One from our family and one from Y/m and Y/n," Miss Todoroki said, pointing to two presents for Endeavor. 

"Alright," Endeavor said as he took the gifts Natsuo handed him. He carefully opened the one the Todoroki's gave him first. Inside was a large santa hat with flames on the side. You were surprised to hear Endeavor chuckle and watch him put it on. 

Natsuo laughed but it was a bit sarcastic, "You look great."

Endeavor smiled shaking his head and thanking them. Then he moved onto the give you and your mom gave him. 

"I heard you liked this restuant a lot, so me and Y/n got you a reservation for it," Your mom smiled. Endeavor held up a small card, grinning. 

"Thanks," he said, tucking it away. 

The gifts moved on to Natsuo, then Miss Todoroki. Each with two gifts, one from you and your mom and one from their family. When it came to your mom's turn. You your excited for her to open what you gave her. 

You handed her the gift yourself and she opened it softly, savoring the moments of unwrapping it. Inside was a small black box. As she flipped it open it revealed a small opal necklace. You were glad to have remembered to pick it up when you were out with Uraraka. If it was sold out you would've been devastated. 

"Woah! This is so beautiful, Y/n!" You mom said, putting it on around her neck. 

You hugged her, squeezing her tightly, "It looks super pretty on you. I love you so much."

"I love you too!" She said, pulling away and admiring it more. Then she showed it to Miss Todoroki, anxious to see it close up. 

Moving on, Shoto was next, making the butterflies and anxiety show up. His family got him a funny shirt about cold soba, which he enjoyed. Then you finally were able to hand him your gift. 

Shoto looked at you before opening it, blushing as he looked into your eyes. You watched as he pulled out the boba gift card. 

"You know... in case you ever want to go again," You said, shyly blushing and touching his knee with your hand. 

Shoto nodded, "I'd love to."

He pulled out the next gift. The snow globe you had gotten him with the two Christmas cats. You watched Shoto's expression as he blushed, turning it upside-down then right-side up again to watch the snow fall.

Shoto then met your eyes, his heterochronic ones sparkling, "Y/n, I love it so much." You gripped at the edge of your dress on your knees and couldn't contain the large smile on your face. Just that look alone gave you so many butterflies... and the words we said with your name... You couldn't describe how ecstatic it made you.