Chapter 6

You packed up your belongings, nervous and anxious for the plan you and Miss Todoroki had set up last tutoring session. It had been all you could think about for the time in-between. Now, it was finally going to come. Another chance to get closer with Shoto. 

"Come on! I'm so excited," It was so weird to see your teacher acting like your friend. If you really thought about it, Miss Todoroki reminded you of your own mom in some ways. She was upbeat and bubbly, easily getting excited about small things. Although, you couldn't help but be a little disappointed knowing Miss Todoroki had dropped your mom back in highschool for being so dumb and getting pregnant. But looking at her now and the way she had spoken to your mom, she obviously regretted it. 

You got up and followed her to the kitchen after hearing the front door open and close, indicating Shoto had gotten home.  

"Hey, Sho'!" Miss Todoroki approached him as he took off his shoes in the doorway. You stopped a little ways behind her, feeling nervous in his presence again. He had on his school uniform, which looked great on him. In clear lighting, you could see all the handsome features of his face. It made you blush. 

"Don't take off your shoes yet. I was thinking we could go to the mall," Miss Todoroki said, waving her hands to stop him from taking off his shoes. 

Shoto looked up, finally looking at you and meeting your eyes with his. You looked away nervously, smiling shyly. 

"Alright. With Y/n?" Shoto looked to his sister who was nodding. 

"I have a few errands to run and Y/n said she was fine with tagging along. So I thought you two could just hangout a bit."

You pursed you lips and stepped forward, next to Miss Todoroki, "If you're too tired from school, Shoto, I understand it you don't want to go."

Shoto slipped his shoes back on again, "No. I want to."

You couldn't stop a smile on your face as you put on your uniform shoes alongside Miss Todoroki doing the same and grabbing coats for the three of you. 

"It's getting so cold this winter," Miss Todoroki said, making her way out to the car, "Shoto, you should be brining a coat to school from now on."

Shoto nodded, "I've been alright, but I will."

"You too, Y/n. Look at you shivering," Miss Todoroki chuckled, looking at you bundled up in the coat she had given you to burrow. It was a little too big, making it past your short skirt and hiding your hands in it's long sleeves. 

"I definitely will," You chuckled, tightly pulling the jacket tighter around your waist. You caught Shoto looking over at you and blushed, wondering why his gaze was always on you. You would be gazing over at him more often if it weren't for your fear of making eye contact.

The car was warm when you got inside, making your body not as tense as it was. You sat in the back while Shoto and Miss Todoroki were in the front. 

"While we're at the mall, I want you two to be careful, alright? It's fine during the day like this, but we should still be aware of the villain, Stain, on the loose," Miss Todoroki said as we began to drive. 

You remembered the news you and your mom had heard. You looked to Shoto who nodded to Miss Todoroki. He didn't look fazed by it. He probably had as much faith in our heroes as you did. Him being so relaxed made you sigh in relief. 

"Plus, I'll have Shoto there for me if something goes wrong," You smiled and clutched the necklace in your hand. 

"Right, of course," Miss Todoroki laughed. You could see the tips of Shoto's ears turn a little red at your remark.