Chapter 4

Hi! Sorry it's been a while. More like a month or two, but whatever! Hope you enjoy!

The two classes before lunch passed by quickly.

Virgil and Janus exited the classroom, following where the stream of people were headed. The halls weren't that crowded, so they got to the cafeteria relatively fast. Janus led him over to a table that already had four people sitting at it. 

"T-that many," Virgil stuttered, reconsidering joining Janus for lunch.

"It'll be okay," Janus said, giving him a sympathetic look. "they're all really nice." 

"This is Virgil," Janus said, walking up to the table with me in tow. "He's new here."

"Oh! Hey! I know you! You're the kiddo I saw in geography!" Virgil looked towards the curly haired boy, confusion registered on his face. 

"U-um, who are you?"

Oh, sorry. My name's Patton, but you can call me dad!"

"No one actually calls him that," said a boy sitting next to him, not looking up from his book. His hair was gelled back, and he was wearing glasses and a tie. "The name's Logan, pleasure to meet you."

"Stop being so formal, nerdy wolverine," said the other boy Virgil saw in geography, who reached across the table and lightly flicked Logan's book. 

"Roman! I thought we talked about name calling!" Patton and another boy exclaimed at the same time. the other boy looked a lot like Patton. Same hair, same glasses, same light dusting of freckles. The only thing different about him was his eyes. Patton's eyes were a light blue, whereas the other boy's eyes were were hazel.

"Hi! You can call me Emile!" he said, giving a small wave. Virgil nodded in return.

"Let's sit down," Janus said, pulling a chair out for him. Virgil sat down, fiddling with the sleeves on his jacket.

"So, what made you come to this school?" Roman asked, leaning to look at Virgil. Everyone else looked at him, anticipating his answer. Virgil froze, not sure what to say.

Virgil's POV

I definitely can't  tell them the truth, I thought nervously. "U-um, w-well,"

"You don't have to tell us if you don't want to kiddo!" I sighed internally, thankful for how kind Patton is.

"T-thanks," I whispered. Roman looked slightly disappointed, but he didn't say anything about it. 

Roman's POV

I turned away, disappointed. I only saw him in Geography, and I didn't see him up close. I have to admit, he's pretty cute. No. You cant go around thinking like that. You barely even know him! But.... It won't hurt to catch feelings for him.                 Right?

"Whatcha thinking about," Emile said leaning close to me, a playful smirk on his lips.

"N-nothing!" I stuttered, pushing him away.

"It's obvious that he's thinking about a boy," Logan said, pushing his glasses up. "I think I have an idea for whom it might be, but for Roman's sake I will stay quiet." 

"Who is it!" Emile squealed happily. I crossed my arms over my chest and turned away playfully.

"Aww, can you at least give us a hint," Patton joined in, abandoning his conversation with Janus and Virgil.

"U-um, oh! do you know where Remus and Remy are?" I asked hoping to distract the two.

"I think Remy told me they were going to Starbucks," Emile said, Patton nodding along, the earlier conversation forgotten. Logan sighed.

 Virgil's POV

The rest of the day passed by in a breeze. Turns out that we had a few classes together. That relieved me, I didn't want to be in a class with no one that I knew. After school ended, we met up outside the building to exchange phone numbers.

"Sup, I'm Remy," said one of the two boys I hadn't seen at lunch. Remy was wearing a leather jacket and sunglasses. he was also holding a Starbucks coffee cup.

"Um, hi. My name is-"

"Virgil!" The other boy interrupted. "Roman told me all about you!" He looked exactly like Roman, except for his eyes. He was also wearing basically the same thing as  Roman, except green. I nodded a greeting, opting not to speak.

"Please excuse this dumbass," Logan said, arms crossed.

"Logan! Language!" Patton exclaimed, bouncing up to him. "Anyways, can we go over to your house?"  

Ehh?

They all looked at me expectantly.

This feels like lunch.

"U-um, s-sure, but it's kind of messy. Also, it's an apartment."

They all cheered, well, Patton, Remus, and Emile cheered.

"So you live alone?" Logan questioned. Patton and Emile stopped and looked over to me. 

"It's nothing new," I said shrugging.

"Why do you live alone? can't you just live with your parents?" Roman asked, oblivious to my feelings. I stiffened, dreading the question.

"I can't tell you that," I said in a monotone voice. They all looked at me, concern written on their faces. Even Logan's.

I wish I could break these chains that bind me.

Happy National Pickle Day!