Chapter 5

This is sort of a filler chapter.

What is your guys favorite music artist?

"Okay, we're here," Virgil said, unlocking the door to his apartment. I guess I'm doing this.

Patton and Roman peered in curiously after I opened the door, the others hanging back a bit.

"Well, what are you waiting for, come in," I said, putting down my backpack next to the door. They filed in, looking around. Patton was the first to say anything.

"It's so, bare," he exclaimed. "Don't you have any pictures?"

"N-no, not really." They all looked at me again. "W-what?"

"Nothing babes, it's just kind of weird," Remy said, sipping on his coffee. I subconsciously stiffened. They can't know.

"A-anyways, would you guys like anything?"

{Time skip}

I sighed, putting the last dish away. 

I have to admit, they're fun to hang out with.

I smiled a bit, thinking about the last few hours with them. We had played a few rounds of truth or dare, Remus doing some crazy shit for a dare.

Thankfully they didn't ask about my... situation.

Since I didn't have any board games or anything like that, we had to come up with things to do. We mostly just talked, but it was... nice. Nice to have someone my own age to hangout with. nice to have people to talk and laugh with. I don't remember the last time I did that.

They had stayed for a while, but they all eventually had to leave. I sat down at the table, scrolling through Tumblr. 

A knock and a muffled, "Virgil, I'm here," drew me out of my thoughts. Thomas. 

"It's open!" I called back. Thomas entered my apartment, smiling.

"How was your first day?" He asked, sitting down across from me at the table.

"It was fine," I said, waving my hand dismissively.

"How did you like Janus?"

"He's nice."

"Did you make any friends?"

"Yeah."

"How were your classes?"

"Good."

"Your teachers?"

"Fine."

"I saw you had some friends over."

I had completely forgotten about the cameras. I hope they didn't see any of the cameras. "So?"

"Are they nice?"

What is he, my dad?!  "Yeah."

"Are you only going to reply with one word answers?"

"Maybe," I said, smirking.

"What am I going to do with you," Thomas sighed.

"You could always let me go free."

"We both know I can't do that."

 "True."

"Did you tell your new friends about this whole situation?"

"No, but I think some of them might be suspicious. of what, I don't think they know."

"Who are they?"

"My friends?"

"Yeah."

"Janus, Patton, Roman, Emile, Remus, Remy, and Logan," I said, ticking them off on my fingers. "I think Logan and Remy suspect something."

"That makes sense. Logan, he's really smart. Remy's just good at figuring stuff like this out. Probably because he spends so much time on his phone."

I nodded. Despite having only known Remy for a day, Virgil knew that was true.

"What are you going to do about it."

"Don't really know yet. I'll have to think on it."

"Just don't kill them. Then I will have to throw you in prison, and I don't think you would like that."

I nodded. "True."

I promise I'm going somewhere with the story. It's not that good so far, but it'll get better. It will just take some time. I don't have any of this planed out; I'm just making it up as I go. That's also why I don't really upload regularly. I hope that since I sort of know what I'm doing, I'll be able to upload more regularly. Thanks for your patience! Hope you enjoy! Happy Thanksgiving and National Cake Day!