Unwanted surprise

Neysa Bahadur Ahuja

I woke up feeling heavy in my head. I sat up rubbing my eyes looking at the walls of my bedroom. I turned the other side and looked around my room.

How did I get here? I clearly remember that I went out to jogging!!! Isn't it!! I checked the time and it's 7 a.m. How is this possible? I went out to jog at the same time. Did I dream about this whole situation which I'm thinking is true!!!

Am I really sick and in need of help?! Am I taking this whole wolf obsession to another level and having these dreams?!! But I'm still feeling it as real. Hey baghawan!!!(god) all these things making me go crazy!!

"Arey you awake little one" in came my Brits with breakfast.

"Y-yeah Brits" I said holding my head I plopped on the couch in my room.

"I think I should stop reading about werewolves Brits, I feel like I'm going crazy" I said rubbing my face as she set the breakfast on table.

"Woahh!!! Easy there little one. You don't want to stress with concussion you-"

"What concussion?! Are you serious Brits?!"

"Yes dear. You don't remember anything. Thanks to the young man who saved you and brought you home. He also took you to hospital and got your wounds treated."

"What are talking about Brits!! So yesterday I did go out for jogging?"

"Ahhh yessss!! Now enough with questions and don't stress your brain. Though your concussion is something minor I want you to rest for 2 days. Common eat your breakfast and rest" she said stroking my hair.

So I was sleeping from yesterday, if I remember correctly I had sprained my ankle but now I'm not feeling anything but slight pain. My elbows were covered in bandages as well to the left of my belly button.

I ate my breakfast while Brits was still sitting beside me and stroking my hair like I was some puppy. I think I scared her with my state.

"Where did everyone go?" I asked as I wiped my mouth after drinking juice.

"They're downstairs. I just wanted to see if you're awake and give you some food. I was worried, so is everyone. Don't do that to us again. You know that we all love you so much right?!" I smiled at her as she squeezed my hand and wiped a tear that fell from her eye.

"I'm sorry Brits. Trust me I will never make you worry again. I will be more careful. Now I will go and wash up" I said after giving her a hug.

"Ok. Just stay in your room and rest. I will let others know that you are awake"

I went into bathroom to have a relaxing bath in the big tub. My mind going back to the events of yesterday. And how strange that my wounds didn't feel fresh like it should be, instead I'm feeling like I'm all recovered.

Urghhh!!! I'm having a headache! Whatever I'm just going to believe that I didn't hurt much and recovered fast, Oscar is a big dog not wolf who saved me and his owner brought me home. No more thinking!! I have all answers. I'm not going to think from now onwards.

No more wolf or wolf stories or dreams!!

Taking a deep breath I stood up from the tub making up my mind. Later everyone came to talk to me. Thankfully they didn't question me about yesterday. I just listened to them and talked less as I'm having a little headache.

In the evening Princy came to visit me after his part time. He told me how careless I'm and how worried he's. He also told me that he always wished for a sister like me. So now that he had me, he said he will take care of me. That made me so happy cause I never had brother figure in my life.