The Party

Neysa Bahadur Ahuja

"What are you thinking about" Pops asked me but I'm not sure how to respond to that.

"Are you sick?! Did you feel dizzy today? I told you not to take stress, you-"

"Pops!! I'm fine just tired" I cut him before he can go ahead and give me lecture during the whole ride.

"Okay!!" He said looking at me in the mirror. I know he doesn't believe me. Prince looked back at me with concern even I assured him before.

Looking out of the window, I thought of the events happened. I still couldn't believe that guy just transferred from Pops university. It's not possible generally, but the fact that it happened so fast resembles how he pulled the strings.

But what I couldn't understand is why? why did he transfer? Does this have anything to do with me? Or is it just me who's over reacting?

I'm happy about one thing today! Prince also liked Adena and I can say they have more than just some infatuation. Adena seems to be good person, I cleared it to her at one point that Prince and I are like brother and sister. Instantly her behaviour towards me changed, her little doubts must have been cleared along with the suspicions.

Her cousin Oisin aka The Wolf kept staring at me, which by the end of the class I was habituated to! Honestly I liked his attention more than I could accept it. These new feelings are making me angry cause I don't understand them!

I'm not one to believe in dating multiple persons! I want to have only one person in my life. I like to settle with that one guy if I ever miraculously started dating one. I always thought I would go for arrange marriage.

These new feelings are raising conflicts in me, but I'm never one to weaken because of these temporary feelings. I'm sure these will pass, as soon as he starts dating a girl or the moment I see him with some girl.

"Bye Neha!!" Prince said as he got off the car for his part time in front of the mall. It's his nickname for me.

"Bye Princy!!" I said actively. I smiled at him as the car moved. I took a deep breath and decided that it's enough!! I will be like my usual!!

"I see my little pumpkin is active again" I just laughed at his remark and then started talking about random stuff.

I was busy myself with assignment around 6pm when I got a text from Prince.

"Hey, I need a favour" Did he get into trouble?

"Sure!! What is it?"

"Don't ask any questions. I just got an invite from a friend to house party! and I want you to come with me"

"When is it?"

"Today!" I looked at my phone unbelievable. I think Princy is having a great time at part time.

I went downstairs to my mom who's sitting in the hall and asked "Maa!! Can I go out with Princy to a house party?"

"Honey, you are just recovering!!!" She exclaimed looking up from her novel.

"But if you want it, you can go. Just be careful and don't drink alcohol. And don't get into trouble" That's a first!! I think mom believes in Princy already to the point she trusts me with him.

"Sure thanks Maa!! I will be okay with Princy by my side" I assured her again.

"Umm......sure. At what time?" I texted him back. I honestly don't know what to wear cause I hardly went to house parties out of my circle.