chapter-5: No title

Fahad's pov.

I wake up by sound of alarm clock. I stay more 10 min within my blanket. I don't wish to get up. It's a cool day outside, I see outside trough my bed side window. I remember when I was 8 years old, I didn't want to wake up in such a cool, amazing day. My mom, dada, grand parents everybody would try to rise me up for school. They used to poke me, assure me to tell story or buy candy and toy.; I used to giggled. I got up and hide behind sofa.

Everybody used to spread around to find me. After playing with them, I used to get ready for school. In our winter season, it doesn't snow like Australia. There's fog everywhere. Mom used to make different kind of local cakes like dudhpuli, vapapitha; If it was rainy day, mom would make hotchpotch. It suits weather. I smile unknowingly and miss them. I have come Australia 1-2 years ago. I miss my family, the tasty dishes made by my mom. I don't have anyone to make them for me here.

Dad sometimes come here. Basically he comes here for his business work. If he get time, he visits here. I'm thinking to visit my family this year. That's all depend to Allah's wish. My phone is ringing. I smile coz, it's my mom.

"Assalamualaikum, Ammi."

"Walaikum-as-salam, have you wake up?"

"Yes Ammi. But what are you doing at late night? Didn't you sleep?"

"I tried but didn't succeed. It's morning there. So, I thought to call you."

"You should sleep on time. I was thinking about you, mom."

"Miss me?"

"Nope, missing your hotchpotch and cakes."

I hear her laughing.
"Why don't you try it today?"

"I can barely handle a frypan let alone cooking hotchpotch."
My bad!

"What will you eat, today?" My mom asks.

"Mmm.. thinking of mashed potato, scrambled egg and plain rice." I tell her.

"Why don't you go to any Indian restaurant and have hotchpotch or biryani?" She suggests me.

"That's can be done. I'm li'll busy in morning, today. Maybe.. dinner!"

"Ok, as you wish. Now go and ready."

"Yes, commander." I say it sarcastically.

"You are still a kid." I smile at her word.

"I am always a kid to you."

"Ok dear. Now hurry up. Otherwise you will be late."

"Sure Ammi. Take care. Assalamu alaikum."
'Walekum assalam."

I get up and freshen up. I enter kitchen. Open fridge and I sigh. Why? Because it's empty except some soft drinks, juice and eggs.. I take one egg. I put some rice on rice cooker to cook.

My mom can cook, why don't I? Because you haven't done it, Fayad. Ramisha and Vedra can cook also. Shawn also took some time and invites me at his room for dinner. There is no Bangladeshi here. Who will cook me native food?

Hey! Tahoy is also Bangladeshi. Can she cook? No, never. She can do nothing but quarreling.

I'm done. So, I take my breakfast and be ready to head out at hospital. I'm about to enter the hospital. A familiar face waves his hand in air. I get stopped and wait for him. I shove my hands into my pocket. It's Nate and we enter hospital together.

"How are you today? Have you been over from your hangover?" I ask Nate.

"Yeah, I think. I am having a little headache. It will be gone in some time." He answers while pressing his forehead with his fingers.