CH.3: Cultivation is so Difficult, Some Things Should Not be Exposed

The reputation of this land of cultivating immortals has a long history.

Compared to the sects in the remote mainland, Zhonglu was a place with outstanding talents. Not only was the spiritual energy double that of the four continents, but all schools of Daoism were completely preserved. And in Zhonglu, there were four great sects: Luo Xianjian, Haoran Gate, Tianyin Sect, and Yinquan.

Luo Xianjian was the school of the sword, and behind its doors, there's an immense amount of sword cultivation techniques. Sword cultivators are sharp and move with their will, thus known as protectors of the weak, and with their powerful strength, they're indistinctly the head of the four great sects. Haoran Gate was divided into Confucianism and Daoism, cultivating the noble spirit of righteousness, and most experts who travel the land and rivers, practicing chivalry and justice, are of Haoren Gate. The Tianyin Sect was more mysterious, its disciples' whereabouts hidden in its mist and far from home. Most of them are scholars, studying the natural mysteries known only to heaven, paying special attention to the word 'fate.' And lastly, as the name implies, Yinquan 1 has a mouthful of the Yellow Spring 2 within its doors, cultivating the ghostly technique, but that was not the devil path.

Each year, these four great sects would hold an unified disciple-acceptance conference, and no matter who's family's children, or any parties' rogue cultivator, they will do their best to be accepted as disciples–this was not the lesser ten years of struggle, this was simply the difference between walking on a high-altitude tightrope or a broad road of brilliant future prospects.

This year's General Assembly remained just as popular. Even before the official opening time, Chun Shen Mountain became extraordinarily lively.

Chun Shen Mountain was covered in towering green, trees lush and shadowy, steep plank walkways winding up in layers around the mountainside. The sun shines on the clear streams in the mountains, giving rise to dense water vapor.

The ordinarily deserted mountain welcomed a large crowd during the Conference. As per routine, rogue cultivators set up minor exchanges, letting go of items they wanted to sell and exchanging with others.

After the exchange, most people found a place to sit and meditate, waiting for the Conference to open.

"It's not that I'm bragging to you. Everyone here knows me and I know all the processes! Just with five spirit stones, you can understand your future opponents and levels' key points, isn't it very cost-effective?" In the corner, a crafty-looking fat man pointed at the young youth in front of him, "I only told you because you looked good! Someone, give me 10 spirit stones and I won't tell him."

The youth was clearly inexperienced, and his expression hesitated. However, five spirit stones really were too much for a rogue cultivator, causing his heart to be tangled.

Seeing this, the fat man tried to persuade him: "as long as you enter the four major sects, what fear would there be about spirit stones? If a Spiritual Master took you as their disciple, your spirit stones would be counted in the thousands every month!"

The fat man's last words made the rogue cultivator determined. He had just raised his head to accept the fat man's offer, but was startled by two people who flashed in front of him.

The young man flying by was graceful in his vermilion-patterned white robe, sword gliding low and showing his robe's silk edging, appearance delicate. His black hair dispersed like a waterfall behind his body, and his pair of slightly fussed red phoenix eyes roamed, making others unable to move their gaze.

And the man behind him was also dressed in white, but wore an entirely different charm. Long hair tied in a jade crown, eyes as deep as the sea, nose bridge tall and straight, his whole person as warm as jade–one cannot help but feel a sense of trust.