CH.8: Reluctant

Xuan Hua dipped his head and looked at him, eyes holding a rare warmth, " I 'saw' that my future disciple would appear there, thus I came down...... At the first sight of you, I knew you'd be my only disciple."

His words near the end were so light, so light that it was obscured by the noise of the wind, like truth under snow.

Lin Zhizhi nodded. Although the answer was a bit lame, he still believed it—after all, the man was an immortal, and it was said Tianyin Sect's methods were also able to divine the future. Another acceptable explanation could be that Dao Zun, whose cultivation had transcended to another level, could see fragments of the unknown.

Seeing that Lin Zhizhi had no intention to ask more questions, and after completing the 'teacher question and answer' session, Dao Zun Daren was satisfied and didn't want to waste any more time on the road, willing his sword to speed up many times faster than before. Even if Luo Xianjian was thousands of miles away from the Lin Residence, for him it was no more than the flick of a finger.

Luo Xianjian was within countless spiritual mountains, with Huafeng Mountain, due to its abundance of spiritual energy, as the main peak. A huge sword was thrust horizontally into its gate—and unlike an ordinary person's sword, this sword wasn't perfect; it could even be said that the word perfect was the complete opposite: the sword was riddled with scars, utterly dilapidated, and full of battle marks.

But it was such a sword that all who came to Luo Xianjian deeply respected.

Deeply respecting this sword for killing and protecting this long-standing door.

Because a thousand years ago, devil cultivation prospered, and the upper realms Devil God Cang Lun tore through the cracks in space, descending to the mortal world and starting a decade of bloody events.

Cang Lun, the Devil God, incarnated as a young rogue cultivator with a beautiful appearance and powerful spiritual energy, wearing red clothes displaying enthusiasm. Like his flaming hot knife, his character was willful and arrogant, truly like a horse on spring plains, breezing with unbridled youth. His talent was outstanding and he advocated freedom, and in the face of his talent, many elders invited him as a disciple, but he politely refused all of them, single person wandering between heaven and earth, making friends with numerous heroes.

During that period, Cang Lun seized all the brilliance and genius of his time, gloryful and dazzling and no one could keep pace with it, attracting the admiration of crowds of male and female cultivators. Thus, when he grew full-fledged and exposed his malevolent fangs, the whole cultivation world was shocked and in turmoil.

His flaming knife once brimming with yang energy transformed into a vicious soul swallowing knife, merciful to no life. Traitors bred like flies, and more and more devil cultivators emerged from within the four great sects, and all high-level sects were overwhelmed.

Seeing the devil cultivators led by Cang Lun run savage and rampant, leading to destruction of life and harm of people, Luo Xianjian's then ancestor bravely stepped forward and united with other sects, using his own life sword as medium and his life's soul strength, he summoned the Thunder God's punishment, and by paying the ultimate price, was he able to stop Cang Lun's rampage, finally reaching a millennium worth peace agreement. (change pronouns from they to his)

Cang Lun harbored his grudge in silence, disappearing and not leaving a single footprint in the mortal realm; various almighty sects flickered like dried oil lamps, collapsing one by one, leaving only the remnant of Luo Xianjians ancestor's sword riddled with scars thrusted on sect gate, recording the cruel battles that almost destroyed the sky and wiped out this realm, alerting future generations of war and to walk cautiously, but it reminded people even more of not to forget the ancestor's last sigh—he will return in a thousand years.