Part 3: Bad News

Alfred's Point of View:

I woke up at 4 in the morning and started to prepare breakfast for the masters and mistresses of the manor when I had a gut feeling. I ignored it and went to wake up master Damian.

"Master Damian breakfast is ready," I inform.

I go to mistress Cassandra's room and knock, "mistress food is ready."

I go wake up the others and then head off to the Batcave to see if anything happened while everyone was asleep. Since there wasn't anything I head back upstairs and set the table just in time for everyone to eat.

"Breakfast is served," I say and leave the room.

Once everyone was done eating I drive Master Damian and Mistress Cassandra to school.

The rest of the day just went like this. Today was a quiet day which I had my suspicions about.

It was now time for everyone to head to the Batcave and train. Master Damian and Master Jason were sparing. Mistress Cassandra and Master Grayson were watching the masters spar. Mistress Stephanie and Mistress Barbara were looking over the reports from Arkham. Master Tim was watching the streets. Master Bruce still hasn't arrived yet since he had his business meeting today. 

I hear footsteps and I knew Master Bruce has arrived.

"Anything new?" He asks.

"Nothing so far master Bruce," I reply.

"It's time for patrol I want everyone on their normal patrol routes, Oracle and Red Robin will stay here," Bruce says and everyone head to get their suits on.

Once everyone was suited up they all headed on patrol. Everything was going like usual there were two robberies and a few muggings. Patrol was soon over and everyone returned home. Once everyone gave in their report and were heading to leave I hear my phone ring.

I pick up my phone to hear, "Hello, Alfred," I hear Sabine's voice say.

"Sabine? Why are you calling me?" I ask.

"There has been an incident Alfred, Bridgette and Marinette are seriously injured," she says.

"What do you mean they're seriously injured? What happened?" I asked panicking.

"Marinette and Bridgette had been found bleeding in an alleyway and have been admitted to hospital," she answers.

"Alleyway? Hospital! That's it I am coming to Paris!" I state.

"That's for the best I also have to ask you if you could take Marinette and Bridgette in your custody I don't think Paris is safe for them anymore," she says.

"We'll talk about this once I'm there," I reply.

"Okay," and the call ends.

Everything doesn't seem real. My Goddaughters are hurt and in hospital. Everything doesn't make sense. Why would anyone want to hurt them? What has been happening to them? I think.

"Alfred! Alfred!" I hear Master Grayson exclaim.

"Yes, Master Grayson?" I ask.

"What was that phone call about?" Master Tim asks.

"I need to leave for Paris," I state.

"Alfred, what's wrong?" Master Bruce asks.

I knew that they all were worried about me so I say, "My goddaughters have been admitted to hospital in Paris, by the way, their mother was speaking I'm pretty sure it was bad," I state.

"You have goddaughters?" Master Jason asks.

"Yes I do, and it seems they are in danger so I have to get to Paris as soon as I can," I state.

"What do you mean in danger?" Master Grayson asks.

"Their mother is going hand custody over to mean so the girls can come and stay with me at Gotham because Paris is no longer safe for them," I answer.

"Alfred, we can use our private jet and go to Paris together," Master Bruce says.

"But what about Gotham?" I ask.

"You are practically family to us and if your goddaughters are in danger right now you deserve to see them and be there," Master Bruce says.

"We also can use the zeta tubes in Paris to return to Gotham if necessary," Master Damian says.

"Tim is our private plane ready?" Master Bryce asks.

"Yeah, they're ready for taking off," Master Tom says.

"Alfred, let's go," Master Dick says and we all get in the limo and Master Bruce drives to the airport since they said I can't drive in this state.

We get to the airport and get on the plane. We take off in twenty minutes and now are in the air.

I wonder if my goddaughters will be okay. The last time I visited them was 5 years ago but they have always stayed in contact with me. But recently they haven't and I was getting worried but I didn't think this would happen. I will get to the bottom of this.