Part 4: Tears

Marinette's Point of View:

I hear a beeping sound open my eyes and look to see four blank walls. The beeping sound was coming from a heart monitor beside me. Am I in the hospital? Why am I in the hospital? Then everything that happened within the past few hours rushes back to me. Bridgette was seriously hurt before I passed out is she okay? I think. I pull the IV out of my arm and get up to find Bridgette's room. I realize that I'm in a hospital gown and have a cast around my arm and several bruises but I didn't care, I needed to make sure Bridgette was alright.

"Tikki? What happened?" I ask knowing she is here.

"Marinette I am so glad you're okay! You and Bridgette were found by the police and admitted to hospital," Tikki answers.

"Where's Bridgette's room?" I ask.

"Down the hall on the first left," Tikki informs me.

I go as fast as I can to Bridgette's room and barge in. I see Bridgette hooked up to a tube and has several bandages across her torso.

"Bridgette!" I cry.

"Why did this have to happen to us! Why did you protect me! Bridgette, I need you to wake up! I need to know that you're alright! Bridgette, I need you to tell me that you're okay. Your annoying puns I want to hear one right now. Bridgette, I can't lose you!" A tear rolls down my cheek.

I feel something squeeing my hand and see Bridgette hold it. I look up to see a tear escape her eye but she hasn't woken up.

"You promised! You better wake up!" I say.

"Plagg is Bridgette going to be okay?" I ask.

"She's a fighter bug she'll be fine," Plagg reassures me.

"Okay," I say.

"Plagg, Tikki watch over Bridgette I'm going to go on a walk," I state and leave the room.

Bridgette has continually saved my life and I know she would risk her life for me but this environment has gotten too dangerous for both of us. I know we have duties as the heroes of Pairs but before that, we have duties to ourselves. We already have a suspicion of who Hawkmoth and Mayura are and only a few more weeks till we defeat them and we can get out of Paris. We have to end this battle soon so we can be free, Paris no longer feels like home it's just toxic, I think.

We also have our jobs me being MDC a famous fashion designer and Bridgette who is BDC a famous singer, dancer, and model. Bridgette has her tour soon and I'm pretty sure our parents won't let her but also knowing Bridgette she will fight to go. And I have my fashion show in a few months and I have to begin the rest of my outfits and my arm is right now a disadvantage. This is so stressful when you and your twin are famous and have people depending on you. I also have my company branching out and with that comes paperwork. Just kill me now world your making our lives so much harder than it should be, I think.

I was walking around the hospital and reached the first floor without even noticing. I look around the room to see many people here for their loved ones. As I was about to head back upstairs to Bridgette's room I saw him.

Is it really him I look closer to see Alfred and a bunch of people with him. He came all the way here for us.

"Alfie?" I ask.

"Marinette you're okay," he says and hugs me.

"I'm fine Alfie but what are you doing here?" I ask.

"When I knew you and Bridgette were in hospital I took the next flight here," he says.

"And those people behind you?" I ask.

"This is the Wayne family and I am their butler. When they found out my Goddaughters were hurt they wanted to come too," he explains.