October 20th

Title: Pumpkin Spice Kai
Prompt: Something fall related
A/N: Some post season 7 jaya 😁

A soft pink tongue darted out and swept over her red upper lip. Jay watched, hypnotized, as her lips curled around the bright blue straw of her boba drink. She pulled in a slow gulp, then looked at him, confusion pulling across the delicate features of her face.

"Can I help you?" she finally asked, slightly exasperated.

"Did you know," Jay started, trying to hide the grin that was threatening to bloom across his face, "that every time you order a pumpkin spice boba, a pumpkin loses its soul?"

Nya's beautiful red lips pulled into a thin line. She blinked slowly, lightly biting her tongue to keep from bursting out in laughter.

"You're not getting any of this." She gently shook her cup of boba, the ice and pearls slushing together in a soft rattle.

"Eeww, why would I want any of your disgustingly sweet milk tea." His face turned sour. "Day of the Departed is over, drinking that should be illegal."

"Excuse me? Fall is not over yet. I will enjoy a pumpkin spice boba every day until winter."

"Mixing pumpkin spice with milk tea should also be illegal."

Nya frowned at her boyfriend. Now that was crossing the line.

"Are you questioning my tastes?"

"No." He crossed his hands behind his head, elbows sticking out, and leaned back, awfully close to the edge of the floating Temple of Airjitzu island. "You find me tasty, so I know you have good taste."

Nya fiddled with her tongue, trying not to give him the satisfaction of a smile. She looked at her drink, then back at him.

"I think this would make you irresistible." She moved to pull the lid off her cup. "Pumpkin spice Jay."

Jay lifted his head up, staring her down, calling her bluff and daring her to move.

"I'd like to see you try."

Challenge accepted. There was a five second pause of an awkward staring contest between them, then Nya moved. Jay smiled and countered her attack, and they both watched in horror as her drink slipped from her grasp and flew over the edge.

"Uh," Jay stalled as they watched the cup fade from view. "I'm not getting you a new one. That was your own fault."

Nya crossed her arms and pouted. She had no retort. As annoying as it was, he was right, and now she no longer had her delicious boba drink.
Jay tugged on her arm. She relented and melted into his warm embrace as he pulled her into a hug.

"But I think I can offer you a tasty alternative."

"Oh, do enlighten me."

His lips were inches from hers and she could feel his hot breath tickling her nose. He closed the gap and captured her lips with his. The kiss was warm, wet, and tasted faintly of pumpkin spice.

"Ahem."

The elemental masters jumped apart and looked up at the figure towering over them. His arms were crossed, face livid, and an orangish-brown liquid dripping off his head and torso.

"I don't know how, but I know one of you is responsible for the pumpkin spice shower I just got," Kai growled out.

Jay was certain he saw steam coming out of his ears. He felt Nya bounce in his arms, as if she were trying desperately hard not to laugh. A boba pearl slid from Kai's jaw and dropped to the ground. Nya lost it.

"Uhhh, I have no idea what you are talking about." Jay stood up and pulled Nya with him, tucking her face in his chest to stifle her giggles. "Would you look at that, it's getting late, time to go get started on dinner. Come on let's go." Jay said impossibly fast as he hauled Nya away, not wanting to get roasted to a crisp by the fire ninja.

Once they were inside the temple, Jay looked to make sure they were not pursued by Kai.

"Well, instead of a pumpkin spice Jay, you got a pumpkin spice Kai."

The temple exploded with the sounds of her laughter. To Jay it was the most beautiful thing in the world.