October 24th

Title: Konami Code
Prompt:   "DIE EVIL DEMON ARGH!"
A/N: Oh look more jaya 😭 minor spoilers for season 13.

Nya awoke to the sounds of a fight. As her eyes fluttered open and adrenaline surged in her veins, her brain slowly sifted through the hazy fog and realized she was in no mortal danger. She was resting comfortably on the couch, a warm, hard chest as her pillow with a steady heartbeat underneath, gently rising and falling, and a strong arm wrapped around her lithe form.

The fighting sounds were coming from the big screen TV in the common room of the monastery. She was almost lulled back to sleep by the warmth of her makeshift pillow, but an annoying buzzing sound followed by an exasperated sigh jostled her back awake. In front of her face was a console controller, held by hands connected to the strong arms wrapped around her. Giant block letters of DEFEAT glared at her from the glowing screen of the TV.

Yawning, she arched her back to stretch, capturing the attention of her warm pillow.

"Sup, sleepy head."

"Mmmmm," a low hum vibrated in her throat. She wasn't entirely sure what time it was, but knew it was late. "You're up late."

"Gotta beat this level. Besides, it's not that late."

Nya rolled her eyes. Priorities.

"You are going to be a zombie for sunrise exercises tomorrow."

She couldn't see his face, but could tell by the way his elemental power thrummed to life and danced across his skin, that he was smiling.

"The night is young and so am I," he shot back. That earned him a snort as Nya tried to stifle a laugh.

Jay continued the game and Nya found herself getting drowsy again, serenaded by the sounds of his controller clicking.

"DIE EVIL DEMON ARGH!"

Nya's eyes shot back open. Jay was frantically button smashing the controller as his avatar on screen battled the final boss. Nya wiggled out of his lap, which wasn't hard to do since he was distracted by the game, and sat up, throwing her hands above her head to stretch.

She turned her attention back to the screen, noticing the final boss looked oddly familiar: female, green, form of an ogre. Nya frowned.

Jay jumped up and fist pumped the air as the ogre boss fell down in defeat. "Finally!" he screamed enthusiastically, dancing around the room.

"Nice to see you so excited about slaying ogres," Nya mumbled, inspecting her nails. Jay paused mid victory dance, directing his attention towards her. She side-eyed him through her lashes.

His arms flopped to his sides as the controller fell to the ground, tumbling awkwardly.  Nya continued to inspect her nails.

"What was that?" he asked, daring her to repeat her last comment.

"You heard me."

Jay was at the couch in an instant, staring down at her. 

"What was that you said about ogres?" he asked again, voice deeper than before.  Nya finally put her hand down and looked up at him, glint in her eye.  She could see his jaw twitching, forcing away either a smirk or a frown.  Their awkward staring contest was intensified by the victory music from the game.

Nya blinked slowly, pulling her hand to her cheek, tapping thoughtfully.

"I said," her voice also low and even, enunciating each word, "nice to see you so excited about slaying ogres."

Jay crossed his arms and leaned forward, towering over her.  His jaw ticked again.

"Never gonna let me live that down, huh?"

Nya couldn't help the sly smile blooming across her face. "Never."

Jay leaned forward more, almost touching her. She could feel the electricity radiating off of him and it sent a shiver down her spine.

"How can I ever repay you, my queen?" He cooed, his timbre laced with sarcasm.

"You can start with this," Nya responded, wrapping her arms around his neck and capturing his lips with hers.