October 25th

Title: Red
Prompt: "Is that normal?"
A/N: IDK . . . this feels OOC ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Skylor looked absolutely stunning.  The deep shade of red on her dress almost matched the striking color of her hair.  Her hips swayed, in rhythm with the light click of her heels, mesmerizing the Master of Fire.

She sauntered over to him as he leaned against his car. A new car, a present from his sister. It was painted in a flamboyant red that matched his hotheaded temper. 

"You look," he paused giving her a once over with his eyes he searched for the right word, "amazing."

She smiled. Her gaze, speculative and bright, swept over him in approval. "You clean up nice, ninja. New ride?"

"Hot off the showroom floor."

"Oh? You have a showroom at the monastery now?"

"Something like that," he murmured as he opened the car door for her.  She slid into the passenger seat and inspected the center console.

"Seems like you always have a new ride."

"What can I say? Us elemental masters like to upgrade," Kai said as he climbed into the driver's seat.

"Careful, I might take that the wrong way."

He pushed down his sunglasses and inspected her. "Believe me, when it comes to you, upgrades don't exist."

Skylor felt heat rush up the sides of her face as she suppressed the urge to giggle.  Instead, she cast him a smoldering glance and watched in delightment as the corners of his mouth slightly turned up, forming a small smile.  Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer; a familiar game.  They both had reputations to uphold.

"So where are you taking me?"

"Somewhere nice."

"Any more details I should know about?"

"It's a surprise."

"You know I don't like surprises."

"You'll like this surprise. But first, this baby needs fuel," Kai said as he gently patted the dashboard.

After pulling into the gas station to fuel up, Kai made his way into the convenience store.  He noticed new voice messages on his phone and put them on auto play, but no sounds were coming out of his earpiece.  That was odd.  He paid for the gas and a few snacks, then made his way back to the car.

Something was off.  He caught a glimpse of Skylor through the window of the car, noting her eyes were narrowed and shoulders tense.  Realization dawned on him and he felt his heart sink into the pit of his stomach.

The messages were not playing through his earpiece because they were playing through the speakers of the car.  Messages from girls. Lots of them.

Kai inhaled deeply then braced himself for Skylor's well earned wrath.  As he slid back into the driver's seat, he noted she refused to acknowledge him, almost looking like she was about to cry.

"Is that normal?" she finally asked, her voice wavering.

Kai swallowed, not sure how to respond.

"I think," she started, voice still shaky, "you should take me home."

Kai nodded, and the rest of the ride was filled with silence.